Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After quite a considerable amount of research into the Mokka, I've become confused with the FlexFit bike rack option. I've paid £500 extra as I told the dealer that I wanted to carry 3 bikes. "This is perfect for you then" he said. But is it? after delving into the many available brochures on the Mokka I still can't make out how many bikes it will hold. If says that it holds 1 bike but the additional adaptor allows it to hold 3. Please don't tell me I've paid £500 for a rack that holds 1 bike and I have to pay more money if I want to carry 3!!!!!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi,

unfortunalty the bike carrier can only hold 1 bike.

You have to buy a attachment to hold a further two bikes. The price of this i think is £80.

You would have to speak to your dealer's parts department.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MrMayo, Cheers for that, I suspect that the dealer have no idea about this. £80 is OK tho' as I will push to get the 20% discount they offered on accessories on the launch weekend. As they hadn't had the Mokka for long, in fact I was the first to test drive it at the Oldham branch, they didn't even know if it had discs all round as standard.

·
Registered
506 Posts
If the dealer stated it would hold 3 bikes and you bought on that basis I would be asking the dealer to absorb that extra £80 cost

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I'm sure the flexfit comes with the extra number plate as standard - ah just seen you're talking about getting your own numberplate. Edited by: DietCokeBloke

·
Registered
167 Posts
unfortunalty thats not the case, according to the price guide the extra number plate for the flexfix carrier is at an extra cost. Its not included in the prices.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@theforestdweller, morally I see your point but unfortunately @MrMayo is right, it's all in the small print which is how I discovered the extra requirement. I WILL get 20% discount on the £80 as I trust the salesguy. So it's 'only' £54 extra plus the number plate. They even promised a donation towards a charity I work with, which they gave £100 to last year when we bought a Corsa.
It's just the longest wait ever now till it is delivered.
Cheers Guys, until I find something else to moan about!!!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I read that on a previous thread, it needs capturing for posterity. So it's not as smooth as the clip on the website !!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Guys,
I have ordered my Mokka through the company car scheme and to add the attachement was going to cost be £10 per month for 36 months = £360 quid.

I called my local vauxhall parts department and was told I could buy one for £360but I'm not convinced that its right because when I asked for the Flex fix attachement the sales man didn't know what I was talking about
to start with and had to go away for a while to find out.

So my question is what do I ask for and how much should I expect to have to pay for this part based on experince from you guys?
Edited by: angiepange

·
Registered
633 Posts
"Flex-Fix® integrated carrier system (includes single bicycle carrier attachment)" = £500 inc vat and must be an option before build takes place.
There is an accessory that allows for up to 3 cycles to be carried, that is apparently<strike> £650!</strike>
On EBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Vauxhall-Flexfix-Towbar-Mounted-Bike-Carrier-System-Adaptor-2-Bicycles-/121010435128 £198.

http://www.mokkaownersclub.co.uk/forum/flex-fit-29er-bike-carrier_topic686_page2.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyRFCIFRjY0

With and without -

Edited by: Blum

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just to clarify as I don't think I've made that obvious. I've added the flex fit unit for 1 bike. It was the addittional attachement for 2/3 bikes,I was querying the price etc for.

·
Registered
167 Posts
If you look at the Price and Specification Guide (April 2013 version) its on Page 15.
The actual name is Flex-fix extender, all yours for £104.

I got 10% discount on mine...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts