Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without wishing to get ahead of myself - as I don't even have the first tick in the box on the tracker website - when are new owners going to have their first oil and filter change or service?
Given that the most engine wear occurs when new, I am considering having an oil and filter change after 5,000 miles - that is about two months after I get the car based on my current monthly mileage.

I don't know how the service schedule is worked out, if it is one of these 'dynamic' systems based on how you use the car, by mileage or by time but as I want to keep the car for about five years and around 120,000 miles I think it is a good idea to run it on a premium fuel such as Shell V-Power and do oil and filter changes at 5,000 and 10,000 miles whether 'advised' or not.

What do others think?

1.7 CTDi 4x4 S/Sin Boracay Blue with Navi 600 and rear camera

·
Registered
197 Posts
My regular mechanic recommend that impulse premium fuels rather than any supermarket brands as he sees almost clear filters return.

Said a long distance driver was doing 12000mls before a change and the filter was as dark and full of residue.. Has now changed to doing premium fuels like shell and BP and the same guy is doing 24000 until a filter change and it comes out almost as clean as when it went in.

·
Registered
633 Posts
A question of two parts methinks -
i) I will use BP Ultimate when possible, because (they claim) it burns leaving less deposits (to gather in the DPF).
ii) I will have oil and filter changed about 6k miles, that will be first service at a year then.
So with that sort of mileage 10p extra per litre isnt going to matter.
He should have bought a 1.4 petrol I hear you say, they dont do an auto!

·
Super Moderator
9,508 Posts
Can we now assume the interesting/messy part begins?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Vauxhallnotopel said:
Found it, it is behind the engine, who ever designed that really didnt want anyone to get at it!
There are far worse out there!

Reality is that's its the old compromise on engine design, particularly on a block that was originally used for longitudinal and transverse mounting (being an Isuzu lump in reality).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts