Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I recently had my 67 plate Mokka X serviced and MOT'd. It failed its MOT due to an LED DLRL not working. Bizarre I thought as LED lights are supposed to be the best and long lasting. To my horror the LED strip could not be replaced, the whole light unit had to be replaced, cost a fortune. I have complained to Vauxhall and was offered a voucher! Wondered of anyone else has come across this issue?

·
Registered
709 Posts
I bet many have, I helped a mate with an Insignia VXR with AFL’s where the led strip had failed and replaced it. It was a tag team job, the bodyshop mate split the lense and I did the wiring job. It was painful and very difficult taking the internals apart.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
As far as I know you are the first on the forum to have the led fail, when you say a fortune, what did it cost?

·
Administrator
10,547 Posts
Plus the value of the voucher would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bet many have, I helped a mate with an Insignia VXR with AFL’s where the led strip had failed and replaced it. It was a tag team job, the bodyshop mate split the lense and I did the wiring job. It was painful and very difficult taking the internals apart.
Nightmare, non eco-friendly when you have to replace the whole unit for one non-working component!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It would have been if offered before the repair, but basically Vauxhall giving themselves money as can only be used for goods and services. Not much point when I've just had a service and MOT and paid for the replacement unit!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
It cost £726 for a car with 18,000 miles on and barely 4 years old (18 months of non use too!)
Wow, a few spare parts at those crazy prices would buy a half decent used car! Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

·
Administrator
10,547 Posts
Or a night out with the wife for dinner, plus champagne at the Savoy.(y)

·
Administrator
10,547 Posts
Certainly with my wife, she deserves everything I can provide. :love:

·
Registered
218 Posts
So for the benefit of members on here, what do you do in the event of a failure of an LED DLRL unit. Is there an alternative to the main Dealer and spending £700?
Just asking.

·
Registered
709 Posts
So for the benefit of members on here, what do you do in the event of a failure of an LED DLRL unit. Is there an alternative to the main Dealer and spending £700?
Just asking.
I think it would be time to make the old sign.

·
Administrator
10,547 Posts
It would have been if offered before the repair, but basically Vauxhall giving themselves money as can only be used for goods and services. Not much point when I've just had a service and MOT and paid for the replacement unit!
I would still take them up on their offer as maybe useful at a later date.

·
Administrator
10,547 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I think you managed to find the only undamaged one, I looked when this subject came up and gave up when they all had damage

·
Administrator
10,547 Posts
I think you managed to find the only undamaged one, I looked when this subject came up and gave up when they all had damage
Maybe if and when needed an acceptable one will be available, time will tell.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts