Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having had sat nav factory fitted on my present car I decided that I didn't want to go down that route with my Mokka as I much prefer my Tomtom to in built system, however I did want to have the rear view camera but not prepared to pay for the sat nav for that feature alone. I now have the tomtom app on my ipad.
Does anyone know if there is an external camera for the ipad which could be fitted to give a rear view (for reversing) camera.

·
Registered
247 Posts
your going to plug your ipad in every time you want to reverse?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Psp888 - no, but when I have the ipad in the car and using for satnav it would give the option of having a better view to the rear for reversing and would also guess that the picture (resolution) would be far better than that on a factory fitted satnav and if there was a camera that just plugged in then that portion would be left in the car so would only need to plug into the ipad.
Thanks for that Fatman. Edited by: Mokkadna

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
The whole point of the reversing camera is to give you a view lower down that the rear window can't give you.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DietCokeBloke said:
The whole point of the reversing camera is to give you a view lower down that the rear window can't give you.
As long as you can see behind can't really see that it would be a problem DCB. Cars and vans used to fit stick on refractors to enable them to see down towards the bumper in years gone past. The camera option is only an updated but better system.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Surely you would need to bolt the ipad to your bumper and drill a hole in the boot for the cable

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jcol said:
Surely you would need to bolt the ipad to your bumper and drill a hole in the boot for the cable

Well don Jcol. Although if you can get them all you would need would be a small camera inside rear window with cable to connect to iPad.

·
Registered
247 Posts
If you have a Navi 600, is it possible to add the rear view camera on afterwards?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I don't think it's as simple as other cars which have the blank fitted ready for one. The camera is actually mounted just above the number plate. For the low cost of the factory fitted one I think anyone having nav should have it ordered. Edited by: Skavish2003

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'd be interested to see how you'd stand from a legal point of view if you mount your iPad on the dash as a sat nav. Does it not restrict your view?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Very true. I admit my mistake. In time I can envisage maps being projected onto the whole windscreen rather like a head-up display found on some aircraft

·
Registered
600 Posts
They would need a non reflective area due to the effect the lamination of the glass , otherwise it would be double, triple vision effect .

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Andylad said:
I'd be interested to see how you'd stand from a legal point of view if you mount your iPad on the dash as a sat nav. Does it not restrict your view?
Has anyone said that it would be on the dash.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts