Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
Only just come across this forum... ordered my 1.7 Diesel Mokka SEAutomatic 2 weeks ago in Satin Steel Grey... can't wait!!!

Just waiting for confirmation of delivery date!!!

Nice to see that I'm not alone on the excitement front!!!! Hence all the !!!!!!!!!!! Marks!!!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
lol :D the excitement will turn to 'how long' when you get your delivery date :D but yeah, alot of us can't wait to get our mokka's! :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I was told by the dealer that they had pre-ordered 4 for their December delivery - one of them being an automatic (which is what I wanted)... they "said" (note the inverted commas) that it should arrive late December/early January!
I am sure it'll be worth the wait... 2 months seems nothing compared to the 10 months I waited for the Mini Cooperconvertible to arrive!!!!

What have you ordered? When do you expect it to arrive?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Welcome to the forum, make sure you get your order number if it's coming from the factory so you can track its progress.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks DietCokeBloke... I do indeed feel most welcome!
Yeah, I will ring the dealership and ask for that... I do fear I may become slightly obsessed with checking the progress though!!! Haha!!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Jules said:
Well I was told by the dealer that they had pre-ordered 4 for their December delivery - one of them being an automatic (which is what I wanted)... they "said" (note the inverted commas) that it should arrive late December/early January!
I am sure it'll be worth the wait... 2 months seems nothing compared to the 10 months I waited for the Mini Cooperconvertible to arrive!!!!

What have you ordered? When do you expect it to arrive?
I've ordered an SE manual 1.7 4x4 with nav and rear camera (mainly 'cos I hate those brown screens, and I like toys), i've been told earliest march
:(

And as for obsessively checking the tracking of the vehicle then yeah once i've got my number it'll be one of my home pages LOL! But if yours is part of a pre-ordered block then you may not be able to track yours, who knows I guess :D Fingers crossed its sooner rather than later....

P.s.............. You waited 10 months............... for a mini?!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Being a complete girl you've lost me on the "brown screens" bit?! ... as for gadgets and toys I'm with you there!!!
Sooner rather than later would be fab... its my birthday on the 20th Dec so anytime around then would be super!!!!

Hey, don't knock my mini convertible! I loved that car... I was 24!!! ... I traded it in for a Audi TT convertible and highly regretted it... I much preferred the mini convertible - it was far more "me"...

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Girl! Excuse the kvetching we're all doing int the Irmisher (can't spell it) photo thread, those chrome bits tend to make the mind wander.

Well hopefully this will be more the you you are now. My Astra sport was certainly the me I was four years ago, I'm hoping the Mokka will be the me I'm turning into.

I believe Andy is talking about the central display which on older Vauxhalls tended to be a orange / brown display. I could have sworn it's red on the newer ones though. I have the Nav on the Astra and I like the big full colour screen.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Jules, Welcome
I had to wait 13 days to get my Mokka and it seemed an interminably long time. I just cannot imagine how it must feel to have to wait 3 to 4 months. I really do feel for you folks.
However I can say to you, that I believe it will be worth the wait. I have had 4 other Vauxhall's ((Cavalier (nice car), Corsa, and 2 Meriva's (Loved them)), but this is, in my opinion, the best one I have owned.
It will be quite different to your Mini (much higher driving position) and lots of gadgetry in the SE. I have gone for a manual gearbox this time, (wife won't drive an auto) but my previous Meriva was an automatic and I loved that. I hope that when you get your Mokka you will be as pleased as I am.

Regards
seamaster

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha! Its quite okay DietCokeBloke... you boys will be boys

Definitely! My dad took me to test drive the Mokka and he said it was me down to a "t"!!! He hated me in the Audi TT... said it just didn't suit me at all... why are parents always right ... ggggrrrr....

Ah! I understand now... yes, I can imagine the orange/brown display is bit naff and old fashioned... Even though I test drove it, I can't say I remember the colour of the display... strange for a girl not to notice the colour of something I know!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Seamaster!
Ooohhh lucky you only having to wait 13 days!!! When I ordered the car it was already on order (the dealership ordered 4 and I chose one of the 3 that was left)... I was told I'd have a definite date at the beginning of December for delivery (they anticipated end of Dec/early Jan) but I haven't heard from them yet! Today is the 5th and I am itching to telephone to see if they have a date but I don't want to sound like an impatient child on Christmas Eve (although I feel like one!!! Tee hee!!!)

Yeah, I am so looking forward to being back up in a high driving position... before the Mini I had a Grand Vitara. After the Mini I had an Audi TT and Isold that just before the summer started (somebody gave me a good price as they wanted it then (convertible for the summer) ... since then I have had a very sensible Fiesta to put me on...

The TT was tiptronic and I always had it in automatic mode... loved it :eek:) - This will be my first Vauxhall andI don't doubt for a minute that I won't be happy with it! So pleased you are happy with yours!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Love Stallion...
I bet thats what you tell all the girls

·
Registered
633 Posts
Oi, this is all getting a bit fruity, what with this and Dawdy on the test drive thread, leave these girls alone.

P.S. What are their mums like?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Jules said:
Haha! Its quite okay DietCokeBloke... you boys will be boys

Definitely! My dad took me to test drive the Mokka and he said it was me down to a "t"!!! He hated me in the Audi TT... said it just didn't suit me at all... why are parents always right ... ggggrrrr....

Ah! I understand now... yes, I can imagine the orange/brown display is bit naff and old fashioned... Even though I test drove it, I can't say I remember the colour of the display... strange for a girl not to notice the colour of something I know!!!
lol yes parents do have that nagging ability to be right half the time, and well even if they are wrong the pull the parent card to be right :p

The mokka is a nice alround package though must be said :) and fancy not noticing the brown ness :p lol.

Lots of pictures up when you get it :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haha! Yes, I quite agree... I would never confess that they were right about the TT though!!!
It most certainly is... I hope the display on the Mokka isn't brown/orange?!!! Surely not?!!! Yikes... I hope not anyway!!! Haha!!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Jules said:
Haha! Yes, I quite agree... I would never confess that they were right about the TT though!!!
It most certainly is... I hope the display on the Mokka isn't brown/orange?!!! Surely not?!!! Yikes... I hope not anyway!!! Haha!!!
Oh yes, we never admit to them being right :D

Yeah, both stereo (central screen) and the trip computer (in center of instrument cluster) are both good ol brown orange (changeable by skilled peoples with soldering irons im sure)

Jules said:
Thanks Dan!
I can more than put these boys in their place!!! Tee hee!!!
Oh really

1 - 20 of 24 Posts