Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Black Mokka X 1.4 T Active 2019 {from new}
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,

any one else suffer from dust build up on the wheels after 4 or 5 days town or motorway driving?
The stuff is relentless, clean it off and its back, have been told its the quality if the factory pads but Never had this issue with other new vauxhalls or new vauxhall pads.
If anyone is using a set of low dust pads that work well please share the brand, only got 8000 miles on the Mokka (22 months old0 but happy to bin what's on there before its second service in June

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is this posted on an incorrect board?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I fitted Pagad front pads to my previous Mokka . If you can fit pads yourself if is obviously a lot cheaper. I had no problems. My original pads lasted approx 25,000 miles if I recall.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Is this posted on an incorrect board?
Wouldnt worry about that, posts are all over the place in here anyway. You could have posted it in the intro section.

·
Super Moderator
10,171 Posts
Wouldnt worry about that, posts are all over the place in here anyway. You could have posted it in the intro section.

Instead of posting an adverse comment, when you see one report it and if necessary it will be moved.

Taken from the Forum Rules & Guidelines.
Reporting a Post:

We are on and off the forum all the time but we do have full-time jobs. If you see something out of place or unsuitable for the forum please use the 'Report Post' function. This will bring the post to our attention as soon as we're back online:

·
Super Moderator
10,171 Posts
Thread now moved to Chassis, Wheels, Tyres & Brakes.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I fitted Pagad front pads to my previous Mokka . If you can fit pads yourself if is obviously a lot cheaper. I had no problems. My original pads lasted approx 25,000 miles if I recall.
Thanks Magson, any issue with excessive brake dust on those pads ?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have fitted Pages to Vauxhall and Kia. No excessive dust issues.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thread now moved to Chassis, Wheels, Tyres & Brakes.
Thank you for moving me to the correct section Wellinever, have you had any problems regarding my issue?
Having been in the group for a while do you have any pad suggestions.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Thank you for moving me to the correct section Wellinever, have you had any problems regarding my issue?
Having been in the group for a while do you have any pad suggestions.
You seem switched on, have you tried the low dust EBC pads? I’ve recently tried Yellow stuff for my ap racing calipers on the Vectra, nothing to do with dust but they are loads better on the road and from cold than the Blues it originally had fitted when I bought the kit.
I’ve got yellows ready for the Mokka fronts but I’m going for performance over dust.
I’ve always fitted genuine GM pads with performance discs and they bite so well hot and cold but have always destroyed my lovely silver alloys as soon as I’m off the drive.
Trying some EBC low dust road pads can’t hurt can it?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Instead of posting an adverse comment, when you see one report it and if necessary it will be moved.

Taken from the Forum Rules & Guidelines.
Reporting a Post:

We are on and off the forum all the time but we do have full-time jobs. If you see something out of place or unsuitable for the forum please use the 'Report Post' function. This will bring the post to our attention as soon as we're back online:
It’s not an adverse comment and not a dig at moderation either, as some of now banned people might say it’s a fact.
Look at the new post about washer water in the newbie section? It’s rife here, and in my opinion you shouldn’t have to spend your time constantly moving posts because other humans cannot be bothered to read.

There are so many posts in the main section that you could move to these more technical areas but then the main section also states anything Mokka related so it’s also subjective isn’t it?

I didn’t even think this post was in the wrong place, not when you read the description of section.

(y)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You seem switched on, have you tried the low dust EBC pads? I’ve recently tried Yellow stuff for my ap racing calipers on the Vectra, nothing to do with dust but they are loads better on the road and from cold than the Blues it originally had fitted when I bought the kit.
I’ve got yellows ready for the Mokka fronts but I’m going for performance over dust.
I’ve always fitted genuine GM pads with performance discs and they bite so well hot and cold but have always destroyed my lovely silver alloys as soon as I’m off the drive.
Trying some EBC low dust road pads can’t hurt can it?
Thanks Dog_Book, always used EBC pads on my bikes but with EBC discs believe they're sintered pads and work well on the bike.
Will check that Mr Vauxhall won't play the voided warranty card if I fit aftermarket still got a years manufactures left and my local dealer can be a bit to jobsworth most of the time.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you to Dog_Book and Magson for your response its gonna be new pads all round.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Mr Grumpy, it's rare that you receive thanks so I will gladly accept.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Notice that there's not a lot of thanks going on here when people offer up info, think its important to acknowledge someone helping with a query.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts