Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys & Girls,
I have spoken with the sales guy in the garage and he told me that Event 42 - (Shipped ex Gate) is showing up on my order. He tells me he will have the car at the beginning of next week and I should be able to pick it up on Wednesday/Thursday (Great Valentines present!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
).

I have been a member here for a while now and I know this info cannot always be relied upon.

My question is this (the sales guy could not answer me)......

What exactly does Event 42 mean (in plain English please) and also how many more events is there before I get my hands on my Mokka.

Any info will bewarmly received and greatly appreciated.

I am in Ireland so I don't know if the cars for the Irish market go through Portbury en route to Cork.

Here's hoping there is someone out there in MokkaLand who can explain the process to me.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Event 42 is just the next level on Vauxhall's production system. I agree it would be a great idea to have a breakdown of the 'Events' to see what each level meant but I'm sure it would just further pee people off. Those who haven't got a build date seem to be at Event 22, so what happens between 22 and 42?

I thought you'd have an Opel in the Republic and a Vauxhall in the North.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys. Yes it is an Opel Mokka I am waiting for. There is no 'trackmyopel' website so I have to rely in the sales guy informing me of any updates.
"38 - Built - Vehicle leaves manufacturer conveyor
40 - Passed to Sales - Vehicle is received by sales
42 - Shipped Ex-gate - Vehicle is received by sales compound
43 - Received Intermediate Compound - Intermediate shipping dates for imports received
44 - Shipped Intermediate Compound
48 - Received Sales Organisation - Date received at Sales Organisation Compound
48 - Handed to carrier - Delivery up to 5 working days. Point at which vehicle is handed to carrier for delivery
58 - Received at retailer"

I did see the post above but it is all very confusing to me. 42 shipped ex gate....... what does that mean. Likewise 43 and 44 are equally vague.

I just want to know where my Mokka is at this time.

Is it on a ship bound for Cork via Portbury or is it elswhere.

Seems like I have been waiting for months and months (ordered 21/12/2012) no extras.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts