Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.eurocarblog.com/post/17075/opelvauxhall-mokka-review-our-test-drive
An independent positive review of the Mokka, not the drivel that all the other writers came out with after the Hamburg test drive, after which they all wrote the same review making me wonder if they just gathered for a pee up and passed around a few negative lines of script.
"As for the interior, we can say that the quality is definitely there"
" the good finishes contribute to provide that overall feeling a high quality"
"The diesel version of the Mokka is actually a pretty quiet car ,"

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yes a more positive review than some, although still to be taken with a pinch of salt when it refers to Opel germanic design and quality of finish - given the car is built in South Korea in a GM factory. Google produces the following:

"Car design developed by the Australian subsidiary of General Motors and was the winner of internal corporate design competition. The car is made in Korea and China on a platform developed by Korean subsidiary GM."

Also accuracy is to be questioned - "faux leather seats" ???

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Talking about the seats we also have to point out that they offer a good amount of electric adjustments"
I didnt know that, do you think its just the SE?

"faux leather seats"
must be everything but the "Leather seat facings" referred to in the brochure, the bolsters and backs etc?

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Thanks - good find and good review. Pleased about the quiet engine comment.

Germanic design doesn'tnecessarilymean it's manufactured in Germany, just that it follows the design principles of quality materials and functional design. Something a lot of manufacturers are aiming for these days.

I think its quite common to have 'real' leather on the bit you actually sit on but faux leather on the other parts. I'm sure most others do this - DFS do as well I believe!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Overall, quite a positive review. I was begining to get concerned over the noise level of the diesel engine every reviewer seems to be harking on about, at least with this review the noise levels don't seem that bad. Besides there's allways ear plugs.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Blum said:
"Talking about the seats we also have to point out that they offer a good amount of electric adjustments"
I didnt know that, do you think its just the SE?

Yes I think it's the SE only as the brochures and manufacturers blurb make a dig deal of these, To quote from the brochure:

The ergonomic design ""“ certified by the German Aktion Gesunder Rücken, an association of orthopaedic experts ""“ is the ideal choice for drivers looking for extra comfort. The seats* adjust to suit your posture byletting you fine tune the lumbar support and extend the seat cushion. Giving your upper body and legs more support where you need it most.

There needs to be something a little more luxurious to justify the price hike for the SE, and I can confirm the adjustments are powered as I saw them demonstrated on the Mokka I saw in the showroom - did not see all functions though.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
You can see the electric adjustment control on the side of the seat in some of the photos of the SE. I've tried the system on the Insignia Elite and while it takes a bit of getting used to it seems to work well. You can tilt the lumbar adjustment on the Insignia, not sure about the Mokka. I just wish it had memory on it like some fancier cars. There's nothing worse when you've managed to find the perfect setting over months of playing to find the other half or some midget at the garage has undone your good work in a heartbeat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts