Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Banned
1,728 Posts
As above; code 89 could be anything, no point doing work that's a stab in the dark, it needs a decent code reader plugged in. When the error code comes up the car is going into "limp mode" to prevent you driving hard enough to damage it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just noticed on breakdown report from AA the guy found another error that was :

P 086 B and he's wrote at side of it unknown fault code ?

What the hells a P 086 B going from bad to worse !!!! Not happy !!!
service power steering....

·
Registered
16 Posts
a chap had this problem code 89, and it ended up being the 02 sensor
which was replaced and now he has no problems
Hi - have been trawling the net asI had this code come up tonight on my Mokka alongside the picture of car with spanner - indicating service due? Code 89 - no S in front.

I have a petrol 1.6 and have done 10,800 so dont believe service is due...
Will call the dealer in the morning but not convinced from what I've read that they will have a clue!
"S" means "Service vehicle soon". Seek the assistance of a workshop immediately.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Code 89 means a non emission engine fault has been detected. It could be numerous problems. A good quality (genuine) reader needs to be plugged into the diagnostic port. Diagnostics and remedy (service) need to be carried out soon. Historic information is available for at least 20 starts after the original fault. Vauxhall saying no information, are taking the easy way out.

Code 89 with the engine light (MIL) on or flashing (bad news) means that an engine emission fault has been detected. It could be causing damage. Immediate diagnostics and remedy (service) needed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First post any answers appreciated, my mokka 2014 1686cc diesel, only on cold mornings code 89 appears, if I turn off after only minutes then restart code has gone, purchased a meter and plugged in when code on but showing no fault code? Any ideas? Thanks again,

Post merged.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Evening all so my mokka 1.4 now has an code of 89, after reading all the comments, I’d like to think it’s the Particle Filter..... 2 question plz

what was it like when u started ur car up 1 day / 2days / 3 days before

the other question how much did it cost ??

·
Registered
25 Posts
Error 89 came up on my Mokka and it was due to the Particle Filter being blocked in the exhaust. It had to go back to the dealership to be cleaned and required a full day to repair.
when the error 89 came up, what was the car like the day / 2days /3 days before it happened and how much did it cost you get it fixed

·
Super Moderator
10,101 Posts
Two in total, before and after the catalytic converter.

·
Banned
1,728 Posts
Yes but code 89 is a non emissions code, if the engine management light isn't also on, it's very unlikely to be that. the only real way to find the problem is to get the fault codes read

·
Banned
1,728 Posts
Ah Ok you didn't say, but getting the codes read is usually cheaper than guessing and throwing unnecessary parts at it.

81 - 100 of 105 Posts