Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Has not come back on ,it has been on for over a year ,2 services done since then 1 by main agent I by village garage ,so asked around and took matters in my own hands ,problem solved . Better petrol made no difference

·
Registered
135 Posts
Failed ECU, £1100 to fix, seams to have a theme here. ECU's fail as you finish warranty.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Service symbol on and code 89

Had my mokka 1.6 cdti for only a few weeks & today had that symbol & code come on. Switched engine off & on again but it seems to of disappeared. Cant find this code anywhere (other than S89 but it was just 89) can anyone advise? Thanks

Post merged.

·
Banned
1,728 Posts
Code S89 is the service reminder, I believe code 89 on its own is a general error code and will need a diagnostic tool to check for any specific fault.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Right. Just spoke to Vauxhall who immediately said service - was done in April 2019 & cars only done 8k since so definitely not. Said its amber light so okay to drive but ive got a 140 mile round trip tomorrow! Any advice? Cant look at it until Tuesday

·
Registered
508 Posts
Up date your profile to show your location as someone might be near with a diagnostic kit who could see what codes come up.
At the moment no point in offering to help as I don’t know where you are.
If it runs ok I wouldn’t worry mine had a couple of issues that took a while to solve before I could clear the codes

·
Registered
10 Posts
My next door neighbours gonna put his kit on it (hes a mechanic) tonight. Ill let you know what he says, either way thank god for 3 months warranty eh!

·
Registered
508 Posts
My previous post stands then, but if your getting the codes read for free by the warranty all should be well. Think my kit goes to 2018 all down to the software which was painfull to install well for me there's a lot of work arounds to make it work without paying the same subs dealers do.

·
Super Moderator
10,101 Posts
In Your Control Panel, under Your Profile, Edit Your Details, scroll down to Additional Information, Location where you live.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Found it, had to go onto desktop version.. thanks. Anyway, car goes into Vauxhall tomorrow so will post what they have to say about it.. Seems I can press menu and it goes, doesnt always come up on start up then so unsure if its intermittent or what ??

·
Registered
10 Posts
So, code 89 is just a general fault code apparently, non specific ? but it ended up being a faulty glow plug! Thankfully all sorted and under warranty!

·
Super Moderator
10,101 Posts
Pleased it's sorted as was similiar posts 39/46/47.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have been having a similar issue with my Mokka. I have had error code 89 appear - it has happened almost half a dozen times in the past few months and every time i get a loss of power and not able to accelerate over 40 mph. The issue fixes itself if you pull over and switch the engine off for a few minutes.
I have taken it into the garage twice re this problem, they tried changing the fuel filter in case there was a blockage and they have also done a 'flush' of the system. The problem remains unsolved as it still happens from time to time.
I would be happy to hear any solutions that others may have found!
Please note that this is different from the S89 code that appears in relation to a service.

Claire

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hi, I have been having a similar issue with my Mokka. I have had error code 89 appear - it has happened almost half a dozen times in the past few months and every time i get a loss of power and not able to accelerate over 40 mph. The issue fixes itself if you pull over and switch the engine off for a few minutes.
I have taken it into the garage twice re this problem, they tried changing the fuel filter in case there was a blockage and they have also done a 'flush' of the system. The problem remains unsolved as it still happens from time to time.
I would be happy to hear any solutions that others may have found!
Please note that this is different from the S89 code that appears in relation to a service.

Claire
Giving an idea of where you are and what actual car you have might help. Although apart from location as very few of us I’ve seen have the kit without full diagnostic data your going upstream in a boat without paddles

61 - 80 of 105 Posts