Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have managed to set up the "welcome lighting" feature when remotely unlocking the car, all the external lights come on as they are supposed to do except for the reversing lights which the book says should but don't ? Also I can't seem to be able to set up the same feature when locking the car on exit. The owners manual (page 105) suggests I should be able to do this ?. Just wondering if any one has tried this yet and got the same results. May be it's just finger trouble on my part with all these wizard buttons and knobs to pull, push, twist etc. etc.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
The exit to home feature (lights to let you circumnavigate your driveway including dodging the kid's toys) is normally activated by pulling the full beam lever for a couple of seconds with the engine off.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Look in your manual for the Vehicle Personalisation section under the Instruments and Controls chapter. You will find it in there as Exterior Ambient Lighting.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies, I can find it in the manual ok but not on the info display on the car, however DietCokeBloke's suggestion above does work ok. If you pull on the head light flasher stalk just before exiting the car the head lights and tail lights remain on for about 30 seconds. A pity this facility does not include the reversing lights as they would light up the rear of the car much better. Cheers.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I should work automatically, when you switch off the ignition, if you set it up via the CD400, as indicated on previous reply.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
seamaster said:
I should work automatically, when you switch off the ignition, if you set it up via the CD400, as indicated on previous reply.
Nope ---- still not managed it. I entered Vehicle Settings , entered Comfort Settings , entered Exterior Ambient Lighting , selected the Exterior Lighting By Unlocked to ON , selected Duration Upon Exit of Vehicle to 30 seconds. Tried again --- failed ??? Hoe did you do yours seamaster?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Tosher,
I have just been out to the car and I also cannot get the exit lighting to work using this method.
Please accept my apology for this misleading advice. I felt sure that when I got the car, this feature worked automatically, but I have played with the settings since then. I will investigate this and get back to you with the result.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Does that setting alter the time the lights stay on when you pull the full beam lever?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DietCokeBloke said:
Does that setting alter the time the lights stay on when you pull the full beam lever?
Yes it does, if I select the time delay setting to OFF it does not work when I pull the full beam lever.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Tosher,
I have looked into this issue, and it appears it would depend upon whether or not you have automatic lighting. My vehicle is an SE model and hence does have automatic lighting.
If you refer to page 106 of the Owners Manual you will see that:-
Vehicles with automatic light
1. Light switch in AUTO
2. Switch off engine.
3. Remove ignition key.
Depending on the external lighting conditions the exit lighting is switched on.
This assumes that the Duration upon exit of vehicle, has been set as per page 96 of Owners Manual.
If you do not have automatic lighting, then you will have to use turn signal lever as page 96.
I hope this clears up the issue and allows you use this function.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Spot on seamaster you are absolutely correct, works fine with the lights on auto. I must have switched the auto off while I was fiddling. Thank you for your help. Now looking forward to getting the phone set up on bluetooth.

·
Registered
169 Posts
<div ="msg">
Following on from Tosher's original post and my replies I am still unable to get the exit lighting to work automatically.
I felt sure that when I
got the car, this feature worked, however I cannot seem to get it to work now.
I am aware that several people are having similar trouble (posted under AFL problem update & 1.6 SE Mokka: AFL Problems) Can anybody confirm that they are ABLE to get this function to work?

·
Registered
247 Posts
do you try this at night or during the day when theres light, as it probably wont come on when theres daylight

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi
im the same, put lights in auto, when dark lights come on when unlocking fine but when exiting in dark lights don't come on only way is by pulling lever. mine is at dealer now having afl software update will ask about this when I pick up later

·
Registered
169 Posts
psp888,
Attempts are made during the hours of darkness, as I am aware that they do not operate during daylight hours.

1675leec,
I would be very interested to hear the dealers response to this issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've also never managed to get this working, I gave up trying eventually.

If your dealer gives you some valuable tips please pass them along, it would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have the same issue. Entry lighting works fine but the exit lighting doesnt work except my rear number plate lights actually do stay on? I'm booking it in soon for AFL update and a few other things so hopefully will get it sorted then.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has the exit lighting working on an se mokka garage says it does not have the facility only when unlocking the car but not locking.It says in the menu about length of time you want the lights on when you exit so a bit confusing.

Mod edit:- moved to the existing thread, please use the search function. Edited by: DietCokeBloke

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
You have to pull the full beam to activate the exit functionality, the time it stays on depends on the menu function.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Can anybody confirm that they are actually ABLE to get this function to work?

Tosher, I note that in a previous post you indicate that yours is working.
If this is the case can you please confirm the settings you have used?

DCB, your explanation is correct, but for vehicles without automatic lighting.
Mine has automatic lighting and thus should function without the need to operate the signal lever.

Below are extracts from the manual showing the difference.

EXIT LIGHTING
Low beam, sidelights and tail lights illuminate the surrounding area for an adjustable time after leaving the vehicle.

Switching on
Activation, deactivation and duration of lighting of this function can be changed in the Vehicle Settings.

Vehicles without automatic light
1. Switch off ignition.
2. Remove ignition key.
3. Open driver's door.
4. Pull turn signal lever.
5. Close driver's door.
If the driver's door is not closed the lights switch off after a few seconds.
The lighting is switched off immediately if the turn signal lever is pulled while the driver's door is open.

Vehicles with automatic light
1. Light switch in AUTO.
2. Switch off ignition.
3. Remove ignition key.
Depending on the external lighting conditions the exit lighting is switched on.
Edited by: seamaster

1 - 20 of 58 Posts