Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the 1.4 T 4x4 under slight acceleration I'm getting a vibration noise coming from the front of the car.

Anyone got any ideas / or having the same problem?

I'm going to try and get a video of the noise later.

Tim

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
You seen the thread about the person who had a big lump of polystyrene that came loose by the driver's feet?

·
Registered
315 Posts
LOL, that will be me
I didnt have any vibration before it decided it wanted to try killing me!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have exactly the same problem. The noise cuts as soon as I stop accelerating and as soon as I press the clutch down. Its REALLY annoying me.

I can't replicate it standing still and revving.

Any ideas would be appreciate.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Has anyone found where this vibration is coming from? We've got a 1.4T with the same problem.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've just been out for a drive and the vibration seems to occur between 1700 and 1800 rpm.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to book mine in. Unfortunately the video I got wasn't very good at all.

We need to contact vauxhall customer service individually to make them awre of this

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have made a complaint and am awaiting also a call back from the dealer.

This is obviously an issue if so many people on one website with identical cars have the same issue.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nich will you let us all know how you get on please. Ill do the same when they look at my car

Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
@Harper - No problem.

@Mokkadna - The list of people seems to point to them (and me) all being 1.4T owners.

We may need to get together on this as some manufacturers are notorious in not acknowledging faults in new cars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have phoned the garage this morning (Thurlow Nunn- Norwich) who have advised that there are two recall issues on the 1.4T. One was a coolant clamp, the other, sadly, I have forgotten. I'm booked in for next friday with my car. The other issues though was not the steering column issue from last week.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been told it is a noise that I will have to put up with. It "might" be the turbo charger, but in any case, it is a nose I will have to live with.

·
Super Moderator
9,691 Posts
Well, that's a good way of dealing with a complaint/problem. They did not by any chance say "Please go away"?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just a thought people. I've got the 1.4T and I've had an annoying vibration which sounded like it was coming from behind the dashboard. After investigating it I found it was actually the storage tray under the front passenger seat which I just move if it starts rattling. Could easily be cured if I make an effort.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts