Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Car was over three years old at the time, soI would imagine it was the lifetime warranty. I was surprised at the time, as I thought glowplugs were consumable items, like brake pads or wiper blades, but I didn't argue!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Sounds like you're having a nightmare! I think peeps need to remember there are plenty of Mokka owners who didn't buy the cars from new and don't have the amazing lifetime warranty!

Idon't suppose you could do a walkthrough post on how to change the fuel filter could you? Preferably with a couple of photos

Edited by: Markp90

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Turns out to be the flywheel related! Dickheads from vauxhall were still trying to sell me a new battery!!!!

New flywheel and new clutch (car is 93k miles!), drives like new!

Now the AFL is giving me headaches!! A message came up in the dash board to have the AFL checked! Also the AFL dash light (orange) is on!! any thoughts???

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, any updates on this issue please? We have a 62 plate cdti mokka with exactly the same issue. Sometimes when you start it it just turns over with no sign of starting and then the clutch half way. I dont see how this could be related but hoping someone has sorted their issue out? 69k miles Thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys, so my mokka was doing exactly the same, wouldn’t start after a longer journey, got suggested fuel sensor/ battery/ glow plugs.
After a while the clutch started sticking.
mended up replacing dual mass flywheel and clutch.
Literally got the car back yesterday drove it for 20 mins today and the thing wouldn’t start again however the clutch didn’t stick. So I’m thinking 2 separate issues.
Someone else suggested slave cylinder??
Has anybody actually been able to get this issue resolved?

·
Administrator
10,731 Posts
Thanks for the update, what age is the car and model?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys,im having a nightmare with my Mokka 2013 SE 1.7TDCI 4WD

please see video below

[TUBE]e3VlIPHT_jg[/TUBE]

i turn ignition on (once) , with foot down on the clutch, as you can see engine tries to start 4 times before i turn ignition off. clutch pedal stays stuck half way when i remove my foot, and i have to pull it up with my foot!

this keeps happening very often. after a few tries (and pressing the gas pedal repeatedly) the engine will say on!

this happen when the engine was hot.

do you have any advice ?

please see video below

[TUBE]e3VlIPHT_jg[/TUBE]

i turn ignition on (once) , with foot down on the clutch, as you can see engine tries to start 4 times before i turn ignition off. clutch pedal stays stuck half way when i remove my foot, and i have to pull it up with my foot!

this keeps happening very often. after a few tries (and pressing the gas pedal repeatedly) the engine will say on!

do you have any advice ?
I have exactly the same problem except that the clutch is okay.
The problem is intermittent & like you I have been asked to take it in to the garage for diagnostic check at £89 which I am reluctant to do as it is still under the 7 year warranty.
Sounds as if this could be a common fault. The car has done <50000 miles

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have exactly the same issue 62 plate 1.7cdti done 69000 miles. Today the battery failed. So gonna get one tomorrow, I’ll update if this stops the issue if not it looks like flywheel and clutch and will replace csc at the same time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have had the same problem so they changed the flywheel clutch and slave cylinder but still have the problem why is it they make these cars and wait for the customert to have the faults and then charge them £98 for a diagnosis and then another £2,500 for a clutch kit and then still have the same problem want you to pay more come on vauxhall get it sorted and stop chargeing us more money
I have exactly the same issue 62 plate 1.7cdti done 69000 miles. Today the battery failed. So gonna get one tomorrow, I’ll update if this stops the issue if not it looks like flywheel and clutch and will replace csc at the same time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Update, since have DM and clutch replaced, I then have had a new battery glow plugs, service including fuel filter change and the stop start problem has now gone
Hi Clare
I am having the same issues with my vehicle which is also a 2013 1.7 CDTi and it has also developed a rattling noise. I have booked it into the garage for Monday but just wondered if I would need to have all of this work done for the problem to resolve or just the DM and clutch do you know? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts

please see video below

[TUBE]e3VlIPHT_jg[/TUBE]

do you have any advice ?
I had exactly the same problem but it was resolved.
We needed a new flywheel which fortunately we were able to have replaced under the lifetime 7 year warranty as we had had the car from new.
Since then we have had no issues. Diagnostic checks show no fault issues.
Good luck.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts