1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,im having a nightmare with my Mokka 2013 SE 1.7TDCI 4WD

please see video below

[TUBE]e3VlIPHT_jg[/TUBE]

i turn ignition on (once) , with foot down on the clutch, as you can see engine tries to start 4 times before i turn ignition off. clutch pedal stays stuck half way when i remove my foot, and i have to pull it up with my foot!

this keeps happening very often. after a few tries (and pressing the gas pedal repeatedly) the engine will say on!

this happen when the engine was hot.

do you have any advice ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
on you're left clocks what is the icon beside the dipbeam one ? can't make it out but it shows a problem when you are trying to fire up
watch from 7 seconds and watch it flashes out of sync with the others
looks like a fuel one but i can't be sure might be water in fuel line possible other's will know :)

Edited by: VuBear

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, no idea! I have always done the service at my local NowVauxhall dealership. Last month i have done the interim service. They have quoted me £99 just to diagnose the problem!

I think i will change the fuel filter ( about £11 from GSF with voucher).

·
Administrator
10,731 Posts
We could all have a guess and maybe one will strike lucky, but it really needs a mechanic to put his head under the bonnet to fathom the problem.
When its sorted, please update this Forum with the conclusion.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The wife`s Mokka had been having a bit of a problem over the past year or so where, just on a few occasions, it had taken a couple of attempts to get going again after an auto stop. It would almost start but then stop instantly and try again and on the 2nd or 3rd attempt start correctly.
When it was serviced in July they fitted a new fuel filter as they thought it might be causing it and had probably never been changed previously.
But it still has an occasional problem starting, on the key as well as auto start, just every now and again it tries to start but now makes a loud racket (for want of a better word) somewhat similar to the video above, before stopping and starting again maybe a couple of times before it will run correctly.
The fuel filter, assuming they did actually change it as they said, should be as new but I wonder if they still have issues with them collapsing as was reportedly responsible for the engines cutting out of recent years? Edited by: Wayne370Z

·
Registered
112 Posts
Icemintb said:
So.... i have replaced the fuel filter....

The old one :

Will keep you guys updated....
Will be interested to see if this cures it as, as I say above, the wife`s seems to have similar problem but they supposedly fitted a new fuel filter in July. Edited by: Wayne370Z

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Guys,..... i'm afraid it didn't solve the problem! i had to pay Vauxhall £95 investigation/diagnose fee. They have discovered 2 errors ( P0671 and P01673), that apparently relates to cylinders 1 and 3 glow plugs that, apparently, are burnt out.

I will change them next week and update the Forum.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have changed all 4 glow plugs now (£80 parts and labour at an independent garage, vauxhall quoted just under £150!), as per vauxhall diagnostic plugs 1 and 3 were not working.

Just FYI, the plugs dont have pressure sensors.

Will keep you updated if really fixed the problem.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
....and it didn't work! ( yes, the glow plugs had to be changed anyway!) . Booked back with Vauxhall for next week!An independent garage suggested it could be the flywheel ...

will keep you updated!

·
Super Moderator
BR 3 car pacer. 10 litre turbo diesel
3,630 Posts
Icemintb said:
....and it didn't work!  ( yes, the glow plugs had to be changed anyway!) . Booked back with Vauxhall for next week! An independent garage suggested it could be the flywheel ... 

will keep you updated! 
Sounds expensive. I wonder if they will mention that the clutch needs looking at too, once they have had a look at the flywheel??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well... this time vauxhall technician sugested that the battery could be the cause of the problem!!! They have tested the battery and the lowest voltage was about 10.5 or so volts. Vauxhall tried to charge me another £94 for the ""˜diagnostic'!! Quoted about £280 for a new battery! They can't find the problem so all they do is ""˜eliminate' the things that are ""˜highly likely' to be contributing/causing the problem!!

.... not very helpful i must say!!

Specially when you have to pay the £95 fee every time they have to retest/ re diagnose the car!!!

Shouldn't the battery (the car as done about 85k miles, Its a 13 plate and has the ""˜lifetime warranty' (lol)) be covered by any warranty?

Also the problem with the car happens (9 out of 10 times) when the engine is hot ( after i have driven for a while)! So i the battery was the problem, shouldn't the engine struggle to start when cold?!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Surely if it has the lifetime warranty (which I also have) you shouldn't be forking out shedloads of money when something needs sorting?<div abp="1584">whenI have a fault - usually the "Service Now" message comes on -they sort it out, and I would be very miffed if I had to pay them to diagnose the problem. (.and they have replaced glowplugs under the warranty)
<div abp="1585">I thinkI would expect to pay for a new battery if it went west - but it wouldn't be from Vauxhall!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Were the glow plugs changed under the ""˜lifetime warranty' or the manufacture warranty?

biggles said:
Surely if it has the lifetime warranty (which I also have) you shouldn't be forking out shedloads of money when something needs sorting?<div abp="1584">when I have  a fault - usually the "Service Now" message comes on -  they sort it out, and I would be very miffed if I had to pay them to diagnose the problem. (.and they have replaced glowplugs under the warranty) 
<div abp="1585">I think I would expect to pay for a new battery if it went west - but it wouldn't be from Vauxhall!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts