Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first posting, I've got a new 1-6 citi se and have been experiencing an intermittent fault where lifting off the accelerator the car keeps on going then when after braking to reduce speed lose all power. This has happened several times but refused to do it for the dealer, anyone else experienced this?

·
Super Moderator
10,101 Posts
Hi Big H and welcome to this forum.
Does the symptom still persist with the eco/stop start switched off?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi wellinever it occurs with stop/start on or off usually when relatively cold but not exclusively so, it's very much like pressing resume on cruise control but with cruise control switched. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Since this is occurring when engine is relatively cold: if you are not travelling very fast, it might be due to the engine is still being on choke (and hence raised revs). The car will accelerate to the speed equivalent to the rev setting for the choke.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have experienced similar problem, I can be driving along and it usually happens at low speeds around 10-30mph and picks up speed itself even up small hills. cruise control not on either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My Mokka was self accelerating every journey and was becoming very dangerous - I took it to the dealer and was told it was a "feature of the car and an anti-stall device" ?! Anyway I was not happy as felt not control of the car when it decides to pick up speeds up hills an approaching junctions or roundabouts all these times without my foot on the accelerator. I had an independent review carried out where it was confirmed it is a fault and the car is not safe. Vauxhall are still in denial so there is currently an argument going on. It appears that Vauxhall (like with the Zafira catching fire) do not have any regard for safety for their customers.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Jo-new to mokka said:
My Mokka was self accelerating every journey and was becoming very dangerous - I took it to the dealer and was told it was a "feature of the car and an anti-stall device" ?! Anyway I was not happy as felt not control of the car when it decides to pick up speeds up hills an approaching junctions or roundabouts all these times without my foot on the accelerator. I had an independent review carried out where it was confirmed it is a fault and the car is not safe. Vauxhall are still in denial so there is currently an argument going on. It appears that Vauxhall (like with the Zafira catching fire) do not have any regard for safety for their customers.

I suspect its more your dealer to be honest. I have seen and experienced this recently in a 1.6 CDTi, it was fixed by updating all the controllers on the car (not just the engine ECU, it needs the BCM,etc doing as well).

As for the Zafira, for the purposes of enlightenment, the route cause of the issue on those is people fitting Chinese clone heater resistors to save themselves 10-15 poundswhich overheat and catch fire, GM have actually gone above and beyond here as they are replacing all resistors free of charge including the dodgy ones which should not have been used in the first place.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It was a 1.6 diesel as well.
It was actually two Vauxhall dealers who said nothing was wrong andeven the Technical Services department of Vauxhall. All quite happy for me to drive this car off their forecourt in this dangerous condition.
I am glad I no longer have the car and will not be dealing with Vauxhall or their dealers again.

·
Super Moderator
10,101 Posts
In your post yesterday you stated " Vauxhall are still in denial so there is currently an argument going on" and now you no longer have the car! Can we take it as an amicable settlement?

·
Registered
10 Posts
After 4 months of arguing and being passed from pillar to post I have rejected the car - which was a lease scheme through my work. I am guessing if I had purchased this car privately I would be in the unfortunate position of being stuck with it and would have resulted in an accident.The car has been returned to the lease company, who have returned to Vauxhall and only has around 1,000 miles on the clock. Vauxhall are still saying they cannot find anything wrong with the car. Family and friends who travelled in the vehicle all could see it was faulty however the "experts" at Vauxhall can't. An independent report also confirmed it is faulty.

·
Super Moderator
10,101 Posts
Thanks for the update and a better experience with your next choice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am having the same problem. It is when the car is travelling at allow speed and this has happened when coming to a junction and roundabout. If I change gear it sometimes is okay but not always

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi folks it's not a problem
I bet it's okay when it warms up
my golf did this from New ,all cars
have problems trust me even,
German ones.

·
Super Moderator
10,101 Posts
Hi Mikeyand welcome to this Forum.

Why not introduce yourself in the 'Newbies' section and let us know the model you chose.

·
Registered
4 Posts
you have just lost your bet my mokka does it hot or cold and it is a Vauxhall with the problem not a vw I have new cars and this is the first this has happened .I bet you are a plant for Vauxhall or a mechanic ops tec as they are called now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi all
I also have this self acelerating problem not been on for a bit been pulling my hair out with it glad someone else has diagnosed it I thought I must be imagining it it even does it up hills its intermittent though doesn't happen every time but I did drive back from Devon 200 mile trip & it still did it so nothing to do with being cold

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree. There doesn't seem to be any reason for it happening. Called into garage last week. And was told that it was designed that way to stop the car from stalling !!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts