Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2016 66 plate Mokka 1.6,diesel SE.
When the engine is idling, it is idling at 1000rpm. Also, when I am driving, the engine feels like it is trying to surge forward, to the point where, for example, in third gear, it will keep going at 20mph when I take my foot off the accelerator!
Iris going in to my local main dealer on Friday, but does anyone have any idea in the meantime whatcthis could be?
Many thanks.

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
V Brown14 said:
When the engine is idling, it is idling at 1000rpm. Also, when I am driving, the engine feels like it is trying to surge forward, to the point where, for example, in third gear, it will keep going at 20mph when I take my foot off the accelerator!
Iris going in to my local main dealer on Friday, but does anyone have any idea in the meantime whatcthis could be?
Many thanks.
Good luck with your dealer, but I'm afraid you probably won't get anywhere with them. This dangerous fault is known to many members on this forum including myself, but despite many complaints, Vauxhall are still in denial and insist there is nothing wrong. They say it is the "anti-stall" system, Personally I think their explanation is lies and utter BS and there is no mention of this fictitious "anti-stall" system in the owner's handbook. In 50 odd years of driving I have never heard of a system that makes your car accelerate uphill with your foot off the pedal and doesn't want to slow down when negotiating roundabouts. my 2015 1.6 CDTi diesel SE has this fault, and like yours, idles at 1,000 rpm. Click on this link to see other members' comments on the subject. Please let us know what your dealer says.http://www.mokkaownersclub.co.uk/forum/engine-self-accelerating_topic4047_page1.html?KW=accelerating

Edited by: Vron

·
Registered
2 Posts
Many thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a mokka automatic 1.7 tdci.
Over the last few days I've noticed shuddering what at a standstill and the revs dont go below 1000rpm.could anyone help as this seems to b a problem to a few ppl.any help appreciated. Replays to [email protected]. thankyou

1 - 6 of 6 Posts