Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi everyone new on here. I have a problem with my 1.4t mokka when I start the car it sounds like a diesel and oil pressure light comes on till I give it a Rev or turn it off and on then sounds normal any ideas what this could be I don’t want to be screwed by a garage which told me it was timing chain car only done 55k has this happen to anyone else.
cheers craig

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Take it back to the dealers you just bought it off, that's what id do.
That's good advice if you did just buy it, how long have you owned it, and when did this problem start, did this start straight after an oil and filter change? Try to describe the noise as best you can.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi I’ve had the car 6 years it was service in January when I start it sounds like a Diesel can feel car shake

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Hi I’ve had the car 6 years it was service in January when I start it sounds like a Diesel can feel car shake
Well if it's running so badly, it might just be running too slowly to pick up oil when you first start, it could simply be a misfire that resolves itself after you rev it, the first thing to do is get it checked for any fault codes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It’s is just on start up car runs fine after it’s had a Rev going to take it to garage after bank holiday. Took it one said timing chain going to cost well over a grand

·
Premium Member
2015 Mokka 1.6 cdti Tech Line.& 2018 Mokka X Design Nav Ecotec S/S.1.4
18 Posts
It’s is just on start up car runs fine after it’s had a Rev going to take it to garage after bank holiday. Took it one said timing chain going to cost well over a grand
Hi, Mokka's have a variable displacement oil pump,could be a low pressure problem on start up, obviously needs pressure checking as will cause engine damage in time.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Hi, Mokka's have a variable displacement oil pump,could be a low pressure problem on start up, obviously needs pressure checking as will cause engine damage in time.
The oil pump is engine driven, oil pressure will be lower if tick over is too slow, from the original post I had the impression it could be an oil delivery problem causing a rattle, but then he said the engine was shaking on start up, that indicates a fault causing an uneven and probably slow tick over, that in itself may be the reason there is not enough pressure to put the oil light out, he has also said that after he revs the engine it runs ok and the oil light remains off, indicating once the tickover speed is normal the oil pressure is also ok, therefore the remedy above is the best course of action. find and rectify the fault causing the uneven tickover in the first instance.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Try taking it to a couple of garages and see if they say the same, can's say it is or isn't sat in my armchair.

·
Premium Member
2015 Mokka 1.6 cdti Tech Line.& 2018 Mokka X Design Nav Ecotec S/S.1.4
18 Posts
Took it garage said it timing chain 600 for new fitting
Hmm, strange that a timing chain needs replacing at 55,000 miles, I would as MokkTheWeek says ,get a second opinion before parting with £600. Is this a quote and diagnose from the same garage that stated timing chain and would cost well over a grand to replace ?.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts