Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 505 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have 47% remaining oil life displayed within DIC with only 1336 miles on the clock, are any others out there experiencing a similar reading?
I have checked dip stick and am just below the Max
and opting to trust dip stick over DIC. Am aware both oil and fuel consumption may be higher from 'birth' .
1.7 CDTI Exclusive.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Oil life?

Does the manual say snything about oil life/ oil level. Two different things surely

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can easily reset manually but hesitant to do so, shall speak to my dealer in the morning however as with all things Mokka dealer knowledge seems to be limited still.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ixasio,

Manual refers to oil life from the DIC which in turn lets you know when a oil and filter change is required.
However surely limited miles to warrant a change ( if display keeps dropping at current rate)?
May have to sign up for a Service Plan at this rate ( provided this will be covered).
Oil on dip stick is clean and as good as new looking as well. Edited by: 1dera

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have done the same milage as you and mine is reading 86%. Surely your indication is not correct. The recomended oil change is 20K miles and fully synthetic oils are easily capable of this so I would suspect a bum reading. Better to get it checked at the dealers though to protect your warranty.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Tosher,
That's exactly what I wanted to hear in some respect, shall see dealer in the morning.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Don't forget you can reset the oil %age at any time and let it reset

·
Registered
199 Posts
It probably has the same accuracy as the current MPG display that shows anywhere between 0.3 mpg to 99 mpg whilst driving..

·
Registered
817 Posts
Inthink thats fantastic, a car that tells you the oil life.

Clever little Mokka

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Ixasio said:
Inthink thats fantastic, a car that tells you the oil life.

Clever little Mokka
Not very clever if it's telling you your oil is dead when it is actually full of life. Edited by: Mokkadna

·
Registered
584 Posts
Many cars now have his facility

·
Registered
817 Posts
Sorry I dont have my Mokka yet, but does the car have service reminder. If so isnt this doingnthe same thing.

Or is it analysing the oil quality which I very much doubt it.

Is it a fancy display for the oil level? Edited by: Ixasio

·
Registered
63 Posts
There is a picture on page 1 of the thread showing the display. You get to it by scolding through the pages. As for service reminder I have not noticed one however not done no where near enough miles for it to say. It may well pop up when the time comes.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Thanks just curious. My QQ just said oil level okay and that was it. It had a seperte 12000 reminder for servicing

1 - 20 of 505 Posts