Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
It was of such importance that not one person bothered to update the situation, or am I being harsh?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had my mokka for 18mths now from early on had problems with the engine cutting out when driving took back to garage 4 times could not find a fault no error codes coming up told me due to way car being driven ie when slowing down make sure I drop to a lower gear so took advise still no different was doing about 50 coming up to a double bend slowed car a little to go round bends car engine cut out another occasion come of motorway touched brakes to slow a little engine cut out on my last trip of around 200 miles was driving on motor way lights started to dim lost all dashboard lights cruise control stopped working and car was struggling to keep power then cut out on motorway still had around 100 miles to get home so drove very carefully car just playing up when I got home got a bucket of water and splashed on all 4 wheels steam poured off them finally found the problem with the car breaks were sticking on BUT WHY so Monday morning took to garage they took for test drive could not find a problem so they contacted Vauxhall reply from Vauxhall was to put the heaters on for foot control then take for a drive problem solved the heater was causing the pedal control box to work incorrectly so had to have new brake pedal box 4 x new discs 4 x new sets of pads but just before we found out the problem pulled car up on drive car being sluggish had to touch accelerator a touch to keep going then all of a sudden car shot forward and caught the house wall scrapped front wing and bumper once we had found problem with car faults realised brakes sticking on now if this had not being happening we would not of hit the house wall so reported to Vauxhall customer care they say it was the way we drove the car but the report which I can not have a copy of says problem caused by brake pedal box so looks like got a battle over the damage as im more annoyed if this is the case that pedal box causing brakes to stick on why have the early models not been recalled and checked or does someone have to be killed before they check them out noticed other people seem to be having same symptoms if so take it back the Vauxhall technical team are aware of the problem even if your local garage is not.
Exactly same issues with my Mokka. Ive had it 8 months and have returned it a few times to the dealer. Only fault showing is that glo plugs need replaced. Has been cutting out on quite a few occasions. Today was the worst, Police who were nearby kindly moved it to a nearby carpark
Still not sire exactly what's wrong but it definitely seems to be a common fault with them.

·
Registered
796 Posts
If it is a 1.7 diesel it's a common problem, apparently Vauxhall, some while ago, were allegedly
looking in to it, according to someone's post a good while ago, but nothing heard since

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
It was referred to in my post 2 here...Click
Just wondered if anyone at the time contacted VCS for an update? If not, may I suggest members do so now and provide an update.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If it is a 1.7 diesel it's a common problem, apparently Vauxhall, some while ago, were allegedly
looking in to it, according to someone's post a good while ago, but nothing heard since
Yes it is 1.7 , its back in the garage again. Thanx for letting me know !

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have contacted Vauxhall this morning. Im currently waiting on them coming back to me. I did ask was there a recall or are Vauxhall taking any responsibility for these issues , I was told they'd get back to me asap.

·
Registered
796 Posts
If it is under a Vauxhall dealer warranty, [you've had it 8 months] try and get your money back or an exchange, or if you like the Mokka get a 1.4 turbo

21 - 27 of 27 Posts