Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my mokka for 18mths now from early on had problems with the engine cutting out when driving took back to garage 4 times could not find a fault no error codes coming up told me due to way car being driven ie when slowing down make sure I drop to a lower gear so took advise still no different was doing about 50 coming up to a double bend slowed car a little to go round bends car engine cut out another occasion come of motorway touched brakes to slow a little engine cut out on my last trip of around 200 miles was driving on motor way lights started to dim lost all dashboard lights cruise control stopped working and car was struggling to keep power then cut out on motorway still had around 100 miles to get home so drove very carefully car just playing up when I got home got a bucket of water and splashed on all 4 wheels steam poured off them finally found the problem with the car breaks were sticking on BUT WHY so Monday morning took to garage they took for test drive could not find a problem so they contacted Vauxhall reply from Vauxhall was to put the heaters on for foot control then take for a drive problem solved the heater was causing the pedal control box to work incorrectly so had to have new brake pedal box 4 x new discs 4 x new sets of pads but just before we found out the problem pulled car up on drive car being sluggish had to touch accelerator a touch to keep going then all of a sudden car shot forward and caught the house wall scrapped front wing and bumper once we had found problem with car faults realised brakes sticking on now if this had not being happening we would not of hit the house wall so reported to Vauxhall customer care they say it was the way we drove the car but the report which I can not have a copy of says problem caused by brake pedal box so looks like got a battle over the damage as im more annoyed if this is the case that pedal box causing brakes to stick on why have the early models not been recalled and checked or does someone have to be killed before they check them out noticed other people seem to be having same symptoms if so take it back the Vauxhall technical team are aware of the problem even if your local garage is not.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Hmmmm I didn't see that cause of the problem coming. Thanks for sharing your experience. I have never had the heater control onto foot yet, so don't know if mine would be affected.

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problems experienced with your Mokka. Why it has taken 18 months and damage to the bodywork, for Vauxhall to rectify the faults, only they can answer. In the claim of damage caused to the bodywork, it is worth pursuing, but hopefully it will not reach that stage.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took 18months as they said it was the way I was driving the car even thou I had taken on board with this car you do need to select a lower gear when slowing the car slightly as the damage Vauxhall refused my claim even thou the garage backed me up so I have contacted them again and told them to speak to there technical department as they are the ones who resolved the problem was not driver error I have a class one and psv licence and never had an accident so my driving cant be that bad lol will see what happens next.

·
Registered
155 Posts
This seems to be a very important topic that many of the forum members (based of previous threads) have encountered.

If Vx have already know that the problem exist (and it seems to appear in too many cars) then beyond the obvious recall that they must initiate, we might be looking at a court case.

Will that be the end of Vx blaming drivers for there "Driving style" ?? maybe.........

·
Registered
65 Posts
Remember your bought the car off the garage therefore your claim is against them to fix the fault not VX.
You say the garage agreed there is a fault.
So tell them to either fix or replace the car.
Get the admission in writing if you can.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this problem this past weekend. The engine went dead whilst I was driving on straight road and there was no reason for it. I had to wait a few minutes and try to start it again. It kept doing it so I 'limped' home (luckily just local to home on local roads) There is just under 3,000 miles on our Mokka. The AA came out and could not find what caused it, although he managed to make it driveable and for the engine fault light not to illuminate again. My concern is if this happens on the motorway or in a dangerous situation. From checking here, this is a fault and not the way it is driven or any other excuse that can be made up by Vauxhall.

·
Super Moderator
2,166 Posts
Repulse said:
I had this problem this past weekend. The engine went dead whilst I was driving on straight road and there was no reason for it. I had to wait a few minutes and try to start it again. It kept doing it so I 'limped' home (luckily just local to home on local roads) There is just under 3,000 miles on our Mokka. The AA came out and could not find what caused it, although he managed to make it driveable and for the engine fault light not to illuminate again. My concern is if this happens on the motorway or in a dangerous situation. From checking here, this is a fault and not the way it is driven or any other excuse that can be made up by Vauxhall.

That is different to the cutting out problem. That only occurs in fast deceleration to a stop or changing down between 3rd and 2nd on earlier models.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, do you have diesel 1.7 engine?
This has happened to my dad whilst driving my Mokka on the motorway.
Vauxhall don't give a damn

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
stewart245 said:
Took 18months as they said it was the way I was driving the car even thou I had taken on board with this car you do need to select a lower gear when slowing the car slightly as the damage Vauxhall refused my claim even thou the garage backed me up so I have contacted them again and told them to speak to there technical department as they are the ones who resolved the problem was not driver error I have a class one and psv licence and never had an accident so my driving cant be that bad lol will see what happens next.

Could you enlighten us as to what did happen next?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a mokka CDTI for a year. I was driving up the M3 & pulling off to the M25 & the car cut out at 40 mph
I brought the car to the garage they kept it for a week. It did the same for them . Vauxhall said it wasn't a problem & I became very frustrated. As I'm a notability driver it was replaced for me. I now have a petrol model & have had no trouble with it.

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Hi Caroldeegand welcome to this Forum.
Sorry to hear of your problem with the CDTI but thankfully all is well with the petrol version.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi. we have a petrol 2015 mokka turbo which keeps cutting out and steering goes stiff. this is happening more and more. going to dealer tomorrow. have other problems as well! scary car!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Petrol engine I have no clue, but for the diesel it sounds like the fuel filter that is mounted on the suction side.Dirty fuel, espesially diesel with added biodiesel can get loads of problems with blocked filters when they have this configuration.
Loads of cars have this problem when filled up with diesel that has biodiesel added.
quite a few manufacturer have models with this configuration and none of them wants to help the customers, they simply blame the company that provided the fuel.

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Hi lynhol and welcome to this Forum.Sorry to hear of your problem with the 1.4t, this being only thesecond one I'm aware of and nonbeing auto's. The steering would go stiff/heavy when the vehicle stalls as the power to the steering is cut. Wishing you
and a speedily resolve to the problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello

I have had my Mokka since October 5th 2015 and had problems with the engine cutting out and steering locking unpredictably, once as I was going on to a motorway and doing 40mph.

I have had all the responses of 'we've never heard of this'; 'it's your driving style' and my favourite 'its a characteristic of the vehicle'. Not forgetting the classic moment where a technician said he could replicate the fault (which isn't a fault because that is what it's meant to do)by stalling the car, which I then asked why anyone would drive in the way he described. I have had a technical advisor tell me that with every complaint a technical report goes to the manufacturer so they are well aware if the fault. On me asking if they had come up with a solution he said (well yes, an improvement in the software could solve it but they have decided not to it at this time'.

The same technician confirmed that he has hadhad quite a few customers that have had the same problem (yes since 2013!).

We are dealing with corporate deceit and liability for accidents. I have managed to get some sort of acknowledgment but of course he hasn't put in writing what he told me. Nice guy but having to with the party line. Employees should not be out in that position.

So anyone fancy taking this further, going to the press en masse? I am not a revolutionary or career complainer. This is my first such battle and I cannot get my head round a manufacturer continuing to put consumers knowingly at risk!

Please get in touch particularly if you have had or nearly had an accident. How many complaints and technical reports went in before that zafira went on fire??

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have noted this and it is frustrating. Why is this going on so long without them being held accountable!! It is wee guy against corporation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchased a 2015 Mokka 1.7CDTI in February with 24000 miles after owning two Insignia's although we have had lockdown due to Covid19 I have driven around 3000 miles this year, this is substantially down on my normal milage. I at first thought that the reason for the engine to cut out/stall was due to my lack of experience with this car, but the more I drive it the more times I find that it can and does "stall" for no reason, when slowing down and changing down for a junction or an island as you dip the clutch the engine will cut out and the power steering becomes stiff, i have also noticed the same problem when driving first thing in the morning until it is properly warmed up. I always drive with the start stop switched off just in case this is the problem, Any ideas anyone?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts