Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

It's good to see real people buying the mokka and reporting solid information. I am currently wanting to order a new Mokka SE in snowflake white with the sat nav system in a 1.7Cdti automatic however I am very concerned about reviews from car websites stating the engine is noisy and doesnt change gear enough, the road noise is also loud! Does anyone have this version? I am test driving the manual 'S' spec tomorrow afternoon however this is manual. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
James
Here is my comments on the SE 1.7 FWD 6 speed manual.
http://www.mokkaownersclub.co.uk/forum/just-ordered-my-mokka_topic65_page2.html
My previous car was a Meriva 1.6 Automatic.
Obviously I cannot comment on how often the Mokka auto gearbox will change gear, but basing it on my Meriva you should be fine, and by using the throttle pedal, (lifting off or blipping down) you should be able to encourage it to change up or down when you want it, rather than when the gearbox wants to.
As for the car itself, I have read numerous reviews, and as stated in my post above, I find that they are generally not correct in their comments. (I believe that most of them where probably driving pre production vehicles)
Enjoy your Mokka (I know you will)
Regards
seamaster

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
People thanks for taking the time to help with writing you views, well I'm off for the test drive now so fingers crossed. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts