Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mokka 1.6i 2016 15.000 miles. The light is on permanently with no change to the performance, a reading on a computer stated something to do with the catalytic convertor, anyone any views on this. Thanks.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Oh yeah lol I just read the actual post, only thing I’d say is the usual although this can be too complicated for some.

Get it plugged into a proper Vauxhall code reader, I’m sure there are others like Snap On but I’ve only seen real data from gds2. Only then can you be sure what’s causing it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that, it was a snap on computer !!
2016 model and only 15000 miles ? Sounds like you only do short not often journeys which is not good for a diesel? Could be the DPF getting blocked up? This link might be helpful What diesel drivers need to know about their DPF - Green Flag
The car is a 1.6i petrol model owned by a women who just did the school run in it. I have given it a blast on the motorway in 4th to no avail.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Take for a run on motorway put in 3rd @2.500 revs get the engine hot should take about 10mile .thrashing it does not help stick to speed limit .

·
Registered
472 Posts
If it’s petrol you don’t have to do anything with the cat .they don’t have a dpf
Stop talking in riddles, dpf cat? Your as bad as me and I’m sure someone else will be along soon to chastise you as well.
Like they said, you need to explain everything in great detail as if people posting on a car forum don’t know anything about cars!

·
Registered
433 Posts
His first post said cat .not dpf so it could have been a petrol.there is no need to chastise .we are not all perfect .but if members give the full story to start with then it would get advice right

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
His first post said cat .not dpf so it could have been a petrol.there is no need to chastise .we are not all perfect .but if members give the full story to start with then it would get advice right
Whoa I don't want to cause a row, I said it was petrol and a computer showed the cat was the problem but there is no difference in performance please don't fall out I'm grateful for any help. Thanks.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Nope, but i get told off if i use abbreviations like DPF, ECU etc as apparently you have to write everything so that someone who knows nothing about cars can understand.
See
DSM
You just don't get it do you, there are lot of people who come on here do NOT know
one end of a car from the other, irrespective of age, and have no idea what OP or SPS
means, the idea of a forum is to EXPLAIN the ins and out's, to try and give them an understanding of what they are asking about, if you DON'T want to try and do that ,
why are you on here, ????,

·
Registered
472 Posts
Whoa I don't want to cause a row, I said it was petrol and a computer showed the cat was the problem but there is no difference in performance please don't fall out I'm grateful for any help. Thanks.
Dont worry about it, i try to be as perfect as possible but scanning over the forum i missed your thread title so you can smack me in the head if we ever meet for making that mistake it was stupid.

Just seems like someone else also missed the part about a 1.6i which we know is the NA petrol (that's normally aspirated to those who own cars and know nothing about them). Mostly i look when im at work between jobs so its easier to miss things i suppose. Well that's my excuse anyway :ROFLMAO:

I hate to keep saying it but you're best plugging it into a proper GM diagnostic computer (that sounds like bad English) and if you had filled in your location i could have immediately advised on me or another who would do it for a drink and not bent over by dealer prices. Even my local garage hasn't got the right GM kit i acquired.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nope, but i get told off if i use abbreviations like DPF, ECU etc as apparently you have to write everything so that someone who knows nothing about cars can understand.
See
  • Oh I see, I did know a a bit about engines but unfortunately age catches up with you 75 and modern technology left me behind a while ago.The reason I got a mokka was because it's easy to get in and out of. THanks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
An emission light permanently on is not good. You could be doing more damage by driving, especially at high speed. You need to have the fault code read correctly and the appropriate action taken as soon as possible. End of my advice.

One possible scenario:
The 1.6L petrol has a history of coil pack problems. You would normally expect to feel hesitation and rough running + possibly, fault light flashing. If you do have a coil pack problem then unburnt fuel could be damaging the catalytic converter (megabucks). It could be numerous other problems, without a valid fault code, it's all supposition.

People on this site are giving inappropriate guidance to the detriment of members.
"Take for a run on motorway put in 3rd @2.500 revs get the engine hot should take about 10mile .thrashing it does not help stick to speed limit ."
In a petrol with emission light. Bonkers!

·
Registered
472 Posts
That's lucky, too far from Derby for Dog_Book to help :D
Its 53 miles, my Mokka does about 400 miles to a tank and the Vectra 280 on a run like that so not sure what the issue would be :oops:
I thank you for your concern and will hopefully get a Vauxhall computer run on it.
Ive got a helpful mate up near you at Romiley who has some kit, but it wont give you as detailed information really as the proper GDS2 or whatever PSA make the dealers use now.

You could try joining the Vauxhall car club and see what price they would run a diagnostic for unless you want a run out over the hills for a necessary trip to help fix your car. Although Fed7 is right, being a petrol and having a CAT fitted you dont want a rich mixture passing it if that were the issue. If your stuck let me know as im not interested in ripping people off or maximising profits only getting to the bottom of a problem.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts