Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of my new Mokka Exclusive last Friday. Traded in my 11 plate Ford C Max. Generally very pleased with the car, however in the 6 days of ownership Ive had 2 alarming events whereby returning to the car after it had been parked for some hours to find windows fully opened. The first was Tuesday returned after 5 hours to find the car with all windows fully open in a private car park. Then today returned home and parked on my drive. Half an hour later a neighbour called to inform me that my drivers window was fully open. Anyone got any ideas before I return it to Bristol Street Motors.

·
Registered
584 Posts
No go back to the dealer before its either stolen or full of water!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Use the search field to find a thread. There has been mention of the windows closeting when the key button is pressed and held. Iw ill see if I can find it..

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Mokkadna said:
Use the search field to find a thread. There has been mention of the windows closeting when the key button is pressed and held. Iw ill see if I can find it..
Try main message area.
Electric window button

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Crikey !!! Just tried it, if you hold down the unlock button on the key fob all the windows wind down. Can't find any mention of this feature in the manuals and can't see any point to it. Must consult the dealer in morning. Thanks to all who responded

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone know if this worrying undocumented feature can be disabled ?. If so how ? Otherwise the wife will have to stay awake all night to keep guard

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Pensioner said:
Crikey !!! Just tried it, if you hold down the unlock button on the key fob all the windows wind down. Can't find any mention of this feature in the manuals and can't see any point to it. Must consult the dealer in morning. Thanks to all who responded
Yes. If I remember right some of the other forum members who are lucky enough to have there Mokka's have said that there is no mention in the manual. I think one of the members new because he had ha another vauxhall with the same feature.
Also somewhere in the thread was mention of the keys being in their pocket when the button may have been pressed. Will have to watch for that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Been to dealers to question why this feature was not pointed out when I picked up the car and no mention of it in manuals , apologies all round, they will investigate if this feature can be disabled, I don't hold out much hope!. Meantime I will just have to be careful not to put the key fob ( with an effective range of 30 metres ) in my trouser pocket. Otherwise, after a week, I am very happy with the car.

·
Registered
633 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
My Renault Megane did the closure but not the opening.

I think its a great bonus if it does that....the closure part anyway Edited by: Ixasio

·
Registered
58 Posts
On my meriva it would also close the electric sun roof if it was open. It is a useful feature when you know about it.
It can save you unlocking the car to close a window.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think you will find that most vaxhalls that have electric windows all round have this feature as standard, unlike my insigna which would cut the power to the electric window as soon as you took the key out of the ignition,

·
Registered
196 Posts
Whilst it is true that power to the windows is lost when the ignition is turned off with the Insignia. The feature with the key fob will still open or shut the windows remotely on the Insignia.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Our 2011 Corsa works in the same way. The dealer pointed it out when we bought it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
HiA dealer - not the one I bought my car from did show me this function.
Twice now I have had your problem as there was nothing in the manual about it I joined this forum to find out.
It did it when I pressed my keys against other keys / solid objects in my coat pocket.
Now know why and how to avoid it from this website.......shame it cant be deactivated.

·
Super Moderator
BR 3 car pacer. 10 litre turbo diesel
3,573 Posts
Hi Gino, and welcome to the forum. I'm glad the forum was of some assistance to you‘�

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have at the moment a vauxhall Astra I tried it this morning holding the unlock button down and all the windows opened then pressed the lock button and the windows closed

·
Super Moderator
3,573 Posts
It seems to work on most models. At least we are aware of what might have caused the windows to mysteriously open.

·
Registered
78 Posts
All the cars I've had over the last 10 years or so have done this on the key fobs open and closing of the windows. I've found it quiet useful the thing I didn't like in my last car (not sure if the Mokka has this feature) was auto close when it rained the rain sensors would close the windows if the car was parked up. So if I left the windows open on a hot day with the dog in the car and there was a short shower the dog would end up in a hot car. So I don't leave the dog in the car at all now.

·
Super Moderator
3,573 Posts
I've fitted wind deflectors to solve the problem when the dogs in the car, although she's never left in for too long.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts