Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have seen several posts this afternoon which have been edited. Is it really that out of hand. I have just end quoted on a post to say that a ship is just pA**ing Lisbon enroute to Bristol, only for it to be automatically edited (I then changed the post) making it far more prominent than it was originally. It really is not required under all circumstances. I know that you want to stop others using the wrong kind of language but this changing of words within words is not the way to go about it. Edited by: Mokkadna

·
Registered
96 Posts
I agree Ive never seen such a poor use of filtering before altering normal texts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Given that it hasn't happened before I wondered if the admin mods were away and not able to keep a watchful eye on things so they had set it to maximum editing.

May be wrong but that's what I thought ... Edited by: AlyG

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mokkadna said:
Have seen several posts this afternoon which have been edited. Is it really that out of hand. I have just quoted on a post to say that a ship is just pA**ing Lisbon enroute to Bristol, only for it to be automatically edited (I then changed the post) making it far more prominent than it was originally. It really is not required under all circumstances. I know that you want to stop others using the wrong kind of language but this changing of words within words is not the way to go about it.
There you are it has done it again.

Edited by: Mokkadna

·
Registered
572 Posts
Come on guys don't get too upset. We need to allow the mods to explain why they have done it before getting all frustrated. A shed load of work goes into running these forums and they do it for free so I for one am not going to get too bent out of shape. I'm quite sure there is a legitimate reason

·
Registered
344 Posts
I Modded then Admined a car site and quite frankly you only need to filter offensive words.
Seriously! A$$ is hardly a crime ! comeonnnnn
Who's been experimenting with their new panel ? fess up

Aly, you have to physically access the Admin panel to filter the words ;) Edited by: Dawn

·
Registered
313 Posts
Also moderated and been on various forums for many years, and frankly poor language when used in a descriptive term (like the weather etc) should be let fly, only need to start editing when its effing n jeffing in a rant etc. We are not Nanny state and most people that access a car forum such as this are of age to understand.
Oh and filter check - sC**Thorpe.......... that one always gets got

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I think Dan has added something, I'll have a word.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Andy_H said:
Also mid thread 'adverts' serious forum turnoff in my book :\

Gotta agree with you there Andy - I understand the need to make ££s but ads in the middle of a thread - yuck!
Edited by: Chokkamokka

·
Registered
163 Posts
yup - don't want to see mid thread adds! - its spoiling the site!

·
Registered
163 Posts
google add choices have been used by hackers as well - so if we get a raft of 'police lockdown viruses' we know where they have come from!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Its not something you can pussyfoot around, Dan is enT*Tled to try and get some revenue for the site. It could be worse you could be knobled with a membership fee. The mobile version of the site is currently add free. I haven't seen the swanky new design on the regular website yet.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Hmmm I thought I'd get censored more than that.

·
Registered
767 Posts
DietCokeBloke said:
Zoologically speaking.

It depends if you are a ***** or aT*T man.

Edited by: Flat Eric

·
Registered
344 Posts
Quite frankly id rather pay say £10 a year for Club Membership and be add free.
We had a protected sub forum for Club members who, amongst other things had access to discounts, got a sticker and anything else I blagged for free.
We also had a sub forum for Advertisers too, who paid for the space.
Just a thought

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Flat Eric said:
DietCokeBloke said:

Zoologically speaking.

It depends if you are a ***** or a T*T man.
It had no problem with knob either which is a bit C**Ked up.
Edit: and there we go. I thought it might have had a problem with swanky too.
Good job we aren't a sumo forum a lot of their moves contain bad words like makush*ta. I wonder if it has a problem with analyse? Edited by: DietCokeBloke

1 - 20 of 38 Posts