Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok peeps its been bugging me all day driving around in my van, Surely the ECO button isnt just for the Start Stop!...

So i have nipped out in our 1.6 Petrol and hit the ECO button and turned it off, And i am sure the throttle response has become more responsive. In so much it seemed quicker... Pop the eco on again and she is quite dosile on response.

Now this could be a mind game and me thinking it has made a difference but i feel it has.

Can someone else try on there 1.6 see what they think. Other Vauxhalls eco button do adjust throttle etc..

Craig

·
Registered
315 Posts
I read somewhere that having the ECO button off makes no difference to the MPG.

I have tried it on my 1.7cdti and when it's off it makes the car a little more pokey.

·
Registered
236 Posts
So if its off it makes the car quicker. I'm waiting for everyone to jump on to this bandwagon. Mine doesn't make it any quicker whatsoever.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Harper31 said:
So if its off it makes the car quicker. I'm waiting for everyone to jump on to this bandwagon. Mine doesn't make it any quicker whatsoever.
Yours is quick anyway

I dont say quicker as in quicker just more responsive on throttle..

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its like Knight Rider re-visited..

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are hidden in one of the compartments in all Mokka's....

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you turn the camouflage generator button off all the hidden compartments and controls can been seen including the camouflage generator button

·
Registered
147 Posts
Any day niw someone will find the black button on a black background that's lights up black when you press it!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not on mine as its brown :(

·
Registered
246 Posts
Interesting thread. I also have a Fiat 500 Twinair with the Eco setting. Now this does as it says on the tin, ie. reduces BHP from 85 to 75. I have had my Mokka set with ECO button since day one, believing it only turned the Start/Stop on and off. The 500 goes like stink with the ECO button switched to OFF. But goes quite a bit slower with it switched on.

Edited by: wellfan

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Get in your mokka and try it :)

It could be in my head but it did feel alot more responsive and wanting to go go go more.. Even lost traction of the lights alittle.... OOOOOHHHHH The POOOWWERRR

Edited by: WIBBLA

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Yeah this is common with the Eco mode off. I had the chaperone at FastForward turn Eco off within a minute so I could get a feel for the true engine power.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I also concur, I have had the ECO button off from day one as I feel there is a bit more "poke" to the engine with it off.

On my old Juke, in ECO mode the engine was throttled so much that you could barely accelerate - it's not so noticeable in the Mokka, but I think it is noticeable. Also there is no recogniseable change in mpg with it on or off, so first thing I do on start up is turn the ECO button off.

Gary

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi guys. Gotta say that the first thing I was going to do when I finally pick mine up, was to turn the ECO off. Not really the done thing. I suppose, SAVE THE WORLD & ALL THAT, but I just find Stop/Starts annoying. Continually stop/starting engines is when there is the most strain on them & shoots extra fuel through (so I was told) & they've already chugged 'crap-loads' of pollutants into the air, sailing them over here anyway! Just me being 'Old Skool', I suppose, but should be quite a good experiment though.

·
Registered
83 Posts
II emailed Vauxhall and asked if the ECo button in my Mokka did anything else other than turn the stop/start off and on. This is the reply I have received.

In relation to your query
please may I advise that I am currently liaising with our Technical Department
and our Mokka Product Team in order to assist with your enquiry.

As soon as I receive further
information I will be in contact with you.

In the meantime, should you
have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me by telephone to
discuss this further, please contact me on 0844 369 0112 or reply via return
email.

Yours sincerely,

Miss Catherine Douglas

Edited by: Deadbeat

·
Registered
83 Posts
Have now received a reply from Vauxhall to my question regarding the effect of turning off the ECO button on my Mokka.
:-

I write further to my email
dated 05 March 2013, regarding your Vauxhall Mokka.

In relation to your queries
please may I advise that I have liaised with our Technical Department and our
Mokka Product Team for further information.

Our Technical Department have
confirmed that the ECO button will change the heating system settings,
disabling the a/c and other functions; this does not change engine performance
in any way.

With reference to the
auxiliary heater, I have been advised by our Mokka Product Team that the
auxiliary ""˜Quickheat' is not available on UK models.

May I please advise in the
owner's manual, certain descriptions, including those for display and menu
functions, may not apply to your vehicle due to model variant, country
specifications, special equipment or accessories.

Should you have any further
queries please do not hesitate to contact me by telephone to discuss this
further, please contact me on 0844 369 0112 or reply via return email.

Yours sincerely,

Miss Catherine Douglas

Vauxhall Customer Service
Manager

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
It disables the air con?!? Can anybody confirm this with their Mokka? .... not that it's really warm enough for air con.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yes it knocks off the aircon. tested it after getting the email from Vauxhall.
Edited by: Deadbeat

1 - 20 of 68 Posts