Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Advice please!! Am thinking of ordering a Mokka having test driven one this weekend. I loved the car but am worried about parking it in tight spaces as the visibility seems a bit rubbish out of the rear window. I'll probably order an exclusiv so no rear camera. Can someone put my mind at rest - it's a really silly reason not to buy it I know but it just seems like a lot of car to try and manoeuvre into a little multi-storey car park space!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
I ordered mine with rear cam but in all honesty not really used it yet.
With the PDC Sensors you'll be fine once you get used to the size of it (currently im parking a bus trip away from kerbs etc, tis a bit of a change from the norm for me lol)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reassurance
. I'm sure it'll be fine, butI can see myself using the 'park and ride' more often or parking miles away from the town centre to avoid the embarrassment of not being able to wiggle into small spaces! I suppose I might lose a few lbs tho!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
My current car is longer & wider than the Mokka with really bad visibility & no parking sensors so I'm looking forward to parking the Mokka - got to be easier than what I'm used to!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi, I have the 1.7 cdti exclusive, traded in a QQ, I have had no trouble parking at all, yes you need o use the wing mirrors more but the sensors are good and I have parked in real tight places. Don't be put off it is a great car and much nicer to drive than the QQ and I never thought I would say that!

·
Registered
246 Posts
We have a Mokka and a Fiat 500, quite a difference in size. However, I find no real difference when parking either of them. You just get used to whatever car you drive, quite quickly. Reverese parking using the electric mirrors is always the way to go. Rear parking sensors is a first for me, I tend to find them a bit of a nuisance, prefer to use my own judgement.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I use the mirrors and PDC when parking and not hit anything yet but I do think a rear view camara would make it much easier. I will have one on my next car Mokka.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i did wonder how easy it'll be to park, but i think it should be ok, i've got a zxara picasso at minute and the mokka is the same length,and about 2 inches narrower, so should be fine. i live in a terrace house so ama pro atparralell parking into tiny spaces. Hubby has a small van aswell which has vertually zero visabiltly and i can park that to (not that i driveit very often) so hopefully i'll e fine . it didn't in any way make me wonder whether to get a mokka or not, it was an after thought after i'd ordered

·
Registered
264 Posts
I will be picking my mokka up next week i have a insignia at the moment and this is much larger than the mokka. I have front and back parking sensors on the siggy and find it very easy to park so the mokka will be even easyer to park.

·
Registered
147 Posts
At the end of my test drive, I asked the sales guy to put his hand over the sat nav screen, I'm not having that option in mine. As I reversed into a parking space at the dealership between 2 cars, the sales guy looked rather worried!
The parking was easy with the mirrors and the rear parking sensor was a nice aid, one that I'm not used to in my current car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just took delivery of my Techline on Saturday. Are the reversing sensors just audible or should they also show some information on the DIC screen?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Rear is audio unless you have reverse camera not sure if you dont have the camera and the front ones have a display as well as audio on the little display behind steering wheel. Edited by: Skavish2003

·
Registered
247 Posts
Skavish2003 said:
Rear is audio unless you have reverse camera not sure if you dont have the camera and the front ones have a display as well as audio on the little display behind steering wheel.
If you have reversing camera then the rear parking sensors don't beep? are you sure? What use are the reversing sensors then?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sorry yeah they are audio and visual on camera. Wrote that message a bit rubbish. Just woke up... Visual lines move to show turning angle where the car is going and audio beeps when closer Edited by: Skavish2003

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Just to clarify which DIC have you got? The standard one or the one that comes with the Navi or front camera units?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the Navi 600 and the DIC between the rev counter and speedo, no reversing camera. when I use the front parking sensors I get the audible warning and also an indication on the DIC. When I use the reversing sensors I just get an audible warning.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts