Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

DVLA

5K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  wellinever 
#1 ·
After waiting from November my Mokka was finally ready to collect, or is it !!!

Dealer went to collect my tax disc and transfer my plate, all done,
? yes but no but yes but no!DVLA would not give thepaperwork or a tax disc
,apparently theysaid they will put it in the post! ,this was last Monday, still waiting now dehhh !!

Has anyone else experienced this with DVLA?

I am not a happy bunny, who do they think they are, we are the customer after all....

May have agrumbleto them when Ieventuallyget the paperwork, don't want them to drag there heals even more coz I've complained !!!

hey hoe all part of this journey I guess,

See less See more
#3 ·
Oh yes many times.

You pay £80 and your treated like a second class citizen.

I have complained in the past stating that we pay for a service and it fell on deaf ears sadly.

Most dealers that I have used send someone with all the paperwork to the local DVLA office and its done there
and then.

#5 ·
Im not sure about regular reg numbers. I have a personalised one too and go through this everytime i change my car and it drives me nuts.

Two weeks wasted trying to get them to hurry up. Typical government dept. Still cant grap the concept of good customer services. Edited by: Ixasio

#6 ·
Had mine assigned from retention without dealer involvement and I had the V5 back a week and a half before the tax disc and paperwork. Three and a half weeks in total for all documents to arrive.
I phoned up after V5 arrived and was advised extremely busy due to a huge rise in personal registrations that they attributed to the new 13 reg.

They have also reduced the service offered at local offices now as well, believe you can still do a retention assignment but this all depends who you ask and where you look.

I assure the wait shall be worth it.

Seems a lot of Mokka owners are going/having personal registrations route! ( maybe a poll coming on for this).

#9 ·
So far so good. I purchased apersonal plate from DVLAonlineon the 13th & got thepaperwork within a week. The car was registered & had thetax disc supplied by the dealer on the 15th & theV5 came on the20th. Off in to thelocal tax office tomorrow to see how we go changing the number over. Wish me luck.

#10 ·
After waiting for months and months for my Mokka, it is now ready but DVLA are taking weeks and weeks to put my plate on, after speaking to the individual I got through to, they think this is all acceptable and could take longer but are working quickly etc etc

I think they need more offices not less !

But hey, this is my opinion,.....I have looked at my new car , all i can do, its fabulous

#15 ·
Ah yes that can take longer. I had similar issues so this time I put it on retention and all they now have to do is register the new car with that plate. The car to car thing can take a few weeks - no idea why but I've been caught out by that before myself

#16 ·
Flat Eric said:
So far so good. I purchased apersonal plate from DVLAonlineon the 13th & got thepaperwork within a week. The car was registered & had thetax disc supplied by the dealer on the 15th & theV5 came on the20th. Off in to thelocal tax office tomorrow to see how we go changing the number over. Wish me luck.
All went smoothly. They issued anew tax disc on the spot with thepersonalised reg printedon it. They gave me a certificate to hand to thenumber plate maker authorising the new reg plateto be made up. They sent my change of details off to Swansea for me & I am just waiting for them to send me back the altered V5. I then made a quick call to my insurance & to my dealer so he can update my finance, service & warranty details. Subject to distance from your home it is definitely better/quicker if you can go in person to a local tax office.

Plates made & fitted.

#17 ·
Flat Eric youre brave with 666 lol.

I had the choice of 444, 666 or 888 when i got mine back in 1995. I settled for the 444.

It looks great by the way and its a good investment too that lasts a lifetime.

#20 ·
Love Stallion said:
Eric, I want your plate.

Twill be up for grabs when I sell the Defender & I swapit's number over to the Mokka. Probably late summer - early winter.

Ixasio said:
Flat Eric you're brave with 666 lol.

I had the choice of 444, 666 or 888 when i got mine back in 1995. I settled for the 444.

It looks great by the way and its a good investment too that lasts a lifetime.
I was born on Friday 13th so 666 holds no fear with me.

M999 KKA for any emergency service owners was stillavailable when I got the 666.

Edited by: Flat Eric

#21 ·
Flat Eric said:
M999 KKA for any emergency service owners was still available when I got the 666.
Be warned to be eligible for this plate the DVLA will carry out an address check on you to make sure you live at Letsbe Avenue.

.... For the Irish equivalent you need to be living in the County Tipperary town of Nenagh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.