Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm new here, but hopefully you clever people will be able to help? My drivers seat makes a clunk and you can feel movement in the backrest. I expect the spring(s) have broken or come unattached inside.

My question is how do you get into the seat back to be able to see whats going on/replace the offending item?

Any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Tilt the seat back forward sit in the back seat and then release the seat cover from bottom up by peeling it upwards and sideways which will expose the internal gubbins of the seat back, but be warned you will have to purchase the complete interior which at the last count was over £200 - strangely my driver's seat started creaking and groaning but after a while it stopped doing it -- your dealer will be able to supply a print out of seat internals if you ask

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did review it previously. There’s two ‘straps’ that clip under the seat which if you unclip and pull up reveal wire and hoops which seem to hold the material if the seat down and together. It looked a bit of a nightmare to try and unravel that which was why I was asking here. It certainly doesn’t look like just peel up and go?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Will give access to check for broken/detached springs or anything else -- you can't get parts individually so have to buy complete set up to replace broken springs but mine suddenly stopped making noises so no action taken

1 - 5 of 5 Posts