Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I note that after rain when i open the door the next morning water runs out of the door edges, what do you make of that!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Is that via a drain hole in the door ( not good ) , or as it has travelled all along the edge of the door , as if there was not a perfect seal . Has the Mokka single or double door seals ?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I open the door the water drips out from the cill, not sure about the no of seals will check tomorrow

·
Registered
600 Posts
Was that just the driver's door , or did you check them all and the boot ? Hopefully just an adjustment will see it right , although it was blowing a gale up here today , so if any decent rain accompanied it , certainly could be a tester !

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All doors, the outward appearance of the car was dry

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heavy rain here overnight, just seemed to have filled up the door frame, no water inside

·
Registered
767 Posts
Check the glass to rubber sealing strip along thebottom of window frames. They don't always seal tight along the whole length. A little gap at either end is possible then water runs down inside the door frame & out the bottom. So long as it doesn't penetrate the interior you should be fine.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thanks

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I reported earlier that when I open my doors after rain water runs out of the frame, last night it rained and after carefully checking the door I could see it running out of a drain hole towards the bottom of the door near the hinge,it mustbe getting in from the weather seal on the window, anyone else with the problem?

·
Registered
58 Posts
if i understand you right, the water is running out from the drain holes that are at the bottom of the door and there is no water in the footwell area. If this is correct then it is normal and this is what it is designed to do.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I questioned this when I went to first view one, when the dealer opened the Mokka's door a flood of water came out!... it was like someone tipping a cup of water onto the floor. He said it was like that with all new cars and it's the way the drainage works?!?!
I was going toquestion him further aboutthis oncei'd looked the Mokka over........ of which you'vejust reminded me off!.. D'oh!
Edited by: Soundwave

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had a problem in my current car, some idot took the door trim off anddid notreseal it properly,basicallythe water could get into the car and i had a wet footwell. If you get a hose, open the door and spray the water over the window area(not the inside of the window) then you will see where the water gets drained to. Enjoy

·
Registered
113 Posts
We got the same thing happening with our mokka - Same happened with my previous vw and my current Audi after washing or heavy rain. seems to be the way they are designed now. Think i would probably worry if i didnt see any water dripping out as would be collecting

·
Registered
58 Posts
gjm91 said:
We got the same thing happening with our mokka - Same happened with my previous vw and my current Audi after washing or heavy rain. seems to be the way they are designed now. Think i would probably worry if i didnt see any water dripping out as would be collecting

Very true

·
Registered
339 Posts
Does exactly what its supposed to.....as in the name, drainage hole. It also depends on the angle you park your Mokka, and in how much rainwater gets collected, the more drains out, simple

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You are all correct, just spoken to the service manager who has confirmed the design, he said that the winding gear was protected - lets hope so. I wonder why the weather bar seal doesnt keep the water down.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Could it be for when you go wading to keep warer out. Lol

On a serious note this would worry me with the effects of corrossion you cannot see inside the door.

Or am i worrying over nothing?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Threads merged, no need to start a new one.
LS if you want to move this to the chassis section, be my guest.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Jcol, I've got the 1.6 Excl Petrol with the same problem. Spoke to VX about this and they booked it in for checking. 2 weeks later, and I'm picking up my Mokka this week-end. Not sure if they found the problem. I'll let you know what they did or say. Apart from this water problem I am very happy with my Mokka.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts