Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know doing your own work on your shiny new Mokka raises all sorts of Warranty issues, but there are things like fitting mud flaps etc that are definately in the realm of DIY.

Like myself i sure most of you probably don't have all the tools or a safe/convenient place to work at home, but something I saw on Fifth Gear got me thinking and I had a search round and found a local place.

Ramp And Wrench

The web site says it's £15 an hour and they have jacks, tools and people there to help you out if needed.

I'll be trying them out, once I get my Mokka, to fit a set of Vauxhall mud flaps.

Has anyone used this place? Anyone know any others that may be more local for other forum members?

It might be nice to have some sort of list for those that want to get their hands dirty.
Edited by: Yeadontt

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you read the item on mud flaps you will see that you do not really need any where special to fit them, it even has all the instructions, I fitted the front mud flaps and it took approx 20 mins.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know you don't 'need' a ramp etc but its a nice simple job to do and try the place out.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Yeadontt said:
I know you don't 'need' a ramp etc but its a nice simple job to do and try the place out.
I think that sort of place is a great idea. Tools, plenty of light, dry & clean working conditions & someone around you can ask if you get stuck with something.

I'm lucky that I have loads of tools & trade spec trolley jacks etc & a car port to work under off the road & out of the rain. A ramp is the big thing I am missing. I did think about a pit but that wouldtake a bittoo much setting upfor my level of DIY mechanics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts