Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just posing the question. I have bought very many cars over the past very many years. In recent years I have always been very disappointed with how the car has been on collection. Poor PDI preparation, dirty seating, flooring, etc. Seems to me that dealers are only interested in the sale, and what happens after the sale is of no concern.How did you find your Mokka on collection? Please be honest.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ours was absolutely spotless ! Squeaky clean inside & wonderfully shiny outside , it's Mr F's car but I am totally in love with it !!!!

And yes nice floral gift on cars collection !!! Edited by: Findles

·
Registered
713 Posts
Normally provide a bouquet of flowers as well. Do all dealers do this?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Wellfan,

Happy with Mokka, nice n clean....however aftersales very poor. No eta on mats, no info card with log book, ordered a space saver tyre aftet collecting Mokka for my dealer to charge me £200 with no eta (due to all accessories being individual oredered parts) then to be told space saver wheel does not come with tyre? This to ordered extra at £56; sales girl told me today I wont be charged extra for tyre!!
Yesterday had problem with patking sensors, mokka went to garage to be told today it needs a new part wich had been ordered 7-10 days, I cant see that happening tbh. So good car but shame about service, a letter of complaint is on its way

·
Registered
182 Posts
I bought from Evans Halshaw in Kilmarnock and the car was sitting in a presentation bay, with spotlights on it,in their showroom when I went to pick it up. Car needed to be in prime presentation condition as anything at all would have stuck out under these lights So 10/10 to Evans Halshaw Kilmarnock.
Wish I could say the same for Vauxhall on the accessories front as I am waiting on mud flaps, s/s wheel and carpet mats. MIGHT GET THEM FOR XMAS 2013 IF IM LUCKY

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hamish our mats , ordered when car was ordered, arrived this week ! 4 weeks after the car so have to agree with the accessories bit.
Also as nice ,friendly & helpful as the sales showroom staff are this was a bit lacking in the parts & accessories department when I went in yesterday, a tad disappointing , but maybe I caught them on an off day !

·
Registered
110 Posts
i got mine from arnold and clark stoke. the car was on display when i
went there before buying it. it had no mats but have paper to protect
the carpet,got my spare wheel, tires are shiny black and smells like new
inside but since it was a bit frosty cant see if it was cleaned outside
i presume it is because it was a ex display. good job for them.

i ordered mats and boot liner on ebay from our member plum's link.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Blum' gonna love you calling him Plum

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have told my dealers not to clean it. I dont want them to wreck the paint.

There is a saying. The salesman sells you your first car and the service team will sell you the second.

·
Registered
109 Posts
F G Barnes Maidstone prepared the car spotlessly. Only the Network Q air freshener that they attached to the rear view mirror (I hate dangly things from that mirror, puts me right off) was a let down - a sickly sweet coconut smell that didn't allow me the new car smell.
It's now "freshening" the bottom of the dustbin.
However on the drive home, I came across a blinking gritting lorry, so had to give it a quick rinse next morning! Edited by: CarbonFlash

·
Registered
83 Posts
Picked up my Mokka from Perry's in Burnley yesterday. Everything first class order. Staff most helpfull. Delighted with car and took it for a 90 mile run to try it out. No problems other than the weather, car now needs a good wash. Will post some photos ASAP.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CC I got it from Evans Halshaw.
Peter Vardy never do a good deal. They just try to sell you a car at full price and state that 0% finance is a bonus. They could not get me one until June and discount out of the question. Had previously planned to buy a GTC and Vardy were over 2 grand dearer than my best quote. I decided against the GTC as it is way overpriced even with a substantial discount.

Picked my Mokka up today. Usual scuff marks around interior door plastics. Greasy paw marks on the fascia. Stickers still stuck to roof, windows, alloys and body protection plastic still stuck on in places. Usual fine job of the valet department of the bigger dealerships. Absolutely no personal touch. Valet guys must wear hobnail boots and have a liberal coating of oil applied to their hands and bums.

Arnold Clark phoned me as they have got a supply of Mokka's just in. Best they could do was £17100 for a white Tech Line, £700 more than Evans Halshaw. However, even if they matched Evans Halshaw I would give Arnold a miss. Too many very bad experiences.

Edited by: wellfan

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cc. said:
Wellfan, did you get yours from Peter Vardy?
See my earlier post in response to your question. I forgot to say Evans Halshaw in EK has a dark metallic grey Tech Line diesel available. Well did have on Tuesday of this week. £16995 I was quoted.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just a wee update on my buying experience from Evans Halshaw. My new car must be one of the poorest prepared cars I have ever bought. Poor health prevented me from giving it my usual thorough inspection. It has no way had a full PDI and valet. I thought Arnold Clark were sh*te. But this lot are something extra. The valet consisted of scratching my car as best they could. What a bunch of eejits!Just be warned. Evans Halshaw are as bad as Arnold Clark. Stack em high, sell them cheap and sod the customer.

Edited by: wellfan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts