Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, ordered a 1.7 diesel without knowing the full story about delivery issue's

But I have since read online about GM plans to ditch the 1.7 soon and use a fabulous 1.6 Diesel instead

Does anyone know anything about this 1.6? is it a good option to maybe weight until this new unit is fitted or will it be a highlyefficient but lowpowered animal..?

currently running a 1.3 90hp Corsa and get 55mpg via 6-speed box, hope the figures for 1.7 prove to be similar so I assume the 1.6 will be even more economical?

·
Registered
506 Posts
CHARLIE said:
But I have since read online about GM plans to ditch the 1.7 soon and use a fabulous 1.6 Diesel instead
I don't think "soon" means anytime soon. The latest I've seen is sometime in 2014 which is rather vague! I'm sure that when this engine arrives it will offer more in all areas compared with the current engine. As one of the members here pointed out to me, if when I go to PX my Mokka in a couple of years or so, anyone wanting a used Mokka of this age will have no choice but the current 1.7 engine, so am not too worried about the Mokka not retaining its value.

·
Registered
713 Posts
The 1.6 diesel is first due in the Zafira starting in the summer

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply, I was not worried about value's etc more , should I weight but 14's a long way forward

I understand the 1.7 is an isuzu engine, when I listen to Astra's starting up and pulling away it always sound smooth and effort free, the Mokka I test drove was a 1.7 and drove really well, not sure why reviews say the engine is gruff, maybe comparing with higher priced motors it's not so refined I don't know....

a Diesel Mokka drove passed me at the weekend and sounded smooth/quiet etc, the lucky owner, one day hehh....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts