Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Anyone had the diesel filter particle warning on in their Mokka? Mine's just come on tonight. Should I be worried?

Cheers

·
Registered
505 Posts
DPF Strikes Again. You should not worry about it to much tho. Just give it a good blast on a 60 or Motorway for a 5 or 10 mins. If its still a problem take it back the the dealer to sort for you.

Have a read here and herein the mean time.

Andy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Andy,

Thanks for that. I'll take it for a run along the local bypass in the morning to see if that does the trick. Really appreciate you taking the time to reply and thanks for the links.

All the best.
Steve

·
Registered
506 Posts
Only ever had the DPF light come on once and that was in my Qashqai. 20 minutes at around 3000 rpm (so fifth gear rather than 6th) along a nearby motorway did the trick. Don't worry if there is a hot burning smell - it's quite normal during a DPF regeneration

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks,

Really good that people take the time to reassure and advise. That's been really helpful.

Thanks again.

Steve

·
Registered
633 Posts
As this I likely to be an on recurring question I'll publish here the extract from the owners manual.

Diesel particle filter
The diesel particle filter system filters harmful soot particles out of the exhaust gases. The system includes a self-cleaning function that runs automatically during driving without any notification. The filter is cleaned by periodically burning off the soot particles at high temperature. This process takes place automatically under set driving conditions and may take up to 25 minutes. Typically it needs between 7 and 12 minutes. Autostop is not available and fuel consumption may be higher during this period. The emission of smells and smoke during this process is normal.

Under certain driving conditions, e.g. short distances, the system cannot clean itself automatically.
If the cleaning of the filter is required and if previous driving conditions did not enable automatic cleaning, it will be indicated by control indicator.
Simultaneously Diesel partic. filter is full continue driving or warning code 55 appears in the Driver
Information Centre.

Warning light illuminates when diesel particle filter is full. Start cleaning process as soon as possible.

Warning light flashes when diesel particle filter has reached the maximum filling level.
Start cleaning process immediately to avoid damage to the engine.

Cleaning process
To activate cleaning process, continue driving, keep engine speed above 2000 revolutions per minute.
Shift down if necessary. Diesel particle filter cleaning is then started.
If
service indicator illuminates additionally, cleaning is not possible, seek the assistance of a workshop.
Cleaning takes place quickest at high engine speeds and loads. The control indicator light extinguishes as soon as the self-cleaning operation is complete.

Caution
If the cleaning process is interrupted, there is a risk of provoking severe engine damage.

Edited by: Blum

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had mine come on once in the first 1200 miles due to short trips to the shops, a quick run down the dual carriage way with revs about 2500 cleared in in about 10 mins.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts