Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any thoughts on the Diamondbrite/Jewelbrite coating for the paintwork?

My dealer tried flogging it to me for around £300 when I ordered and I've stalled on a decision.

My (red) Astra has it. Whilst I've had no major trauma with it, I have to say I've never known a car's paintwork to scratch so easily.

Is the major selling point the fact that the paint won't fade if I get the coating? My Mokka will be in Royal Blue and could suffer from sun fade over the next few years due to where I would park it.

Grateful for any thoughts!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Ebay item 140891330106 Gemini Valeting Selling
JEWELULTRA DIAMONDBRITE VEHICLE PROTECTION PACK - STAGES 1 & 2
at £3.50 + £2.20 p and p
Bit different to 300 quid.
Supply your own elbow grease!

·
Registered
490 Posts
I've opted for the VX Protection on the Mokka. I did have a look at the Diamond Brite stuff on ebay and whilst being a stupendous saving i am just far too lazy to put the stuff on.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much was the VX Protection? I'd be tempted to go for the eBay purchase but to be absolutely honest, I can't reach the middle of the roof of my Astra without help as it is, so chances of doing a good job on the Mokka is zero.

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you ordered on the vauxhall big event they discounted that and the gap/RTIinsurance by 20% too.

·
Registered
313 Posts
i have doing dads antara's roof down to a T with balancing on certain wheels and mini step ladder (well insulated to stop any damage lol) and with 3 crates of cleaning gear.... I think i'll look after it myself lol

·
Registered
145 Posts
Diamondbrite Jewelultra was applied to my car when it was new 12 years ago. The paintwork looks just as good now as it did then, no fading andasshiny as new and when it rains the water droplets sit on the paintwork like beads. I'm very impressed with it. All I do is wash the car with the shampoo and after every four washes I apply the restorer. Applying the restorer is nothing more than addinga small amount of the liquid to a bucket of warm water and simply rinsing the car with it.The caris usuallykept in my garage overnight but has done almost 100,000 miles so it's well used.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I always say the product is only as good as the person using it... I always keep my cars to a Winter clean before the cold starts with a detailed wash and wax then spring gets a good treatment again and i have never seen the need to spend £300-400 on something i like to do myself..

Craig

1 - 11 of 11 Posts