Seal - Chemical Guys Jet Seal
Wax - Chemical Guys Pete's 53 & Swissvax Onyx
Detailing spray - Chemical Guys Speed Wipe
Glass - Gtechniq G1 and G4
Plastic - Gtechniq C4
Tyres - Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel
Wheels - Chemical Guys Wheel Guard
Metal - Meguiars metal polish

I think my favourite product is the CG Jet Seal, really easy to apply and lasts for ages, plus the Swissvax is amazing but not cheap! Edited by: tetchmeister

·
Registered
505 Posts
Well its more of a bigcabinet.

Pre Clean

Envy detailing bubly jubbly Snow foam
Autobrite Super Snow Foam
Autobrite MagiFoam as a PHneutralSnow Foam for cleaning when really dirty and dont want to strip off wax etc.
AutobriteCitruswash.
Autobrite Just the tonic Tar remover
Autobrite Britegel Wheel Cleaner
Autobrite Purple Rain Iron Decontaminator, same as Iron X
3D All purpose Cleaner.

Clay Bars

Dodo Juice Gentle Grey
Dodo Juice Purple, more agressive
Autobrite Fine Grade
Autobrite Heavy Grade
Meguires Quick Clay bar Kit

Low Tack Maskin Tape
Paint Gauge Reader
Meguiars Dual Action Polisher
Kestrel Dual Action Polisher

Flex Dual Action, will be getting this Soon

VariousCutting Pads

Meguiars #80 Speed Glaze
Meguiars #82 Swirl Free Polish
Meguiars #84 Compound Power Cleaner
Meguiars Plastic X
Meguiars Scratch X
3M Perfect it Fast Cut Plus
3M Perfect it Extra Fine Compound
3M Perfect it Ultrafine SE finishing Glaze

3D TrimProtector

Chemical Guys Jet Sealent
Chemical Guys Speed Armor 357
Meguiars #16 Wax
Autobrite Distinction Wax
Dodo Juice Supernatural

There is more, will update later

Andy

<h2 ="product-name"="" style="margin: 0px 0px 6px; padding: 0px; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.55; color: rgb226, 17, 17; font-weight: normal; font-family: 'Lucida Grande', Arial; text-align: center;">
</h2>

Edited by: Fatman

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
, not very good at parting with part used product?
3 x DA Polishers....
Not considered a rotary?

How are you finding the 3M products? Edited by: tetchmeister

·
Registered
505 Posts
Love the 3M products. I've used others but I prefer 3M now and I've nearly finished with the Meguiars cutting compounds lol

I got my Meguiars one first then brought a kestrel because it was going cheap.

I had a silver line one with a digital display like the dodo juice spin doctor. I got rid of it tho. I just coulda not get on with it. Yes it was quicker but it just did not feel right to me personally.

I'm looking at this at the moment

Flex Da Edited by: Fatman

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That Flex looks a nice product.

Have you seen one in action?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yes I have tried a few at various open days. The early rotary models you needed arms like popeye and I felt like I was always fighting it. I'm going to go and have a go with a few soon then I will make my kind up.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me know your findings, would be interesting to know your thoughts.
I went to Waxstock last year and they had a stand with many polishers to try out, but I didn't have time to test any! That said the DAS6 I'm using is ok for now and more than enough for new paint.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think I am going to have to up my game compared to you guys. My kit for car washing/cleaning is simply a sponge, shampoo, chamois leather, and a bunch of clean cotton rags.

Oh I do also have some Auto-glym Tar and Bug-remover

Was looking at getting some polish so will check out a few of the products you list.

Many thanks

Olly

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Morning Olly. Before you get any polish you should bin the sponge and chamois and replace with a wash mitt and microfiber drying towel.

You probably don't need a polish yet, perhaps a glaze but in either case you will need a paint seal or a wax to protect the paint.
Note, polish for cars is an abrasive product designed to flatten the top coat, there are many grades depending on how bad the paint condition is. For a new car you won't need to polish usually for at least a year or more. Edited by: tetchmeister

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For ease of application and longevity I would recommend Chemical Guys - Jetseal 109.
You can add a wax to top it off if you want, this is a little more difficult to recommend as budget is a big factor!
Edited by: tetchmeister

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have ordered the Vx Protect service. What do I actually need to do to keep the paintwork in good condition? It seems that you occasionally give the car a wan with a bucket of water and a few drops of a liquid they give you, or apply some of it to the front wings of the car before it goes through a car wash. Do I actually need to put on any wax or similar stuff to protect the shine?

·
Registered
505 Posts
iainf1 said:
I have ordered the Vx Protect service. What do I actually need to do to keep the paintwork in good condition? It seems that you occasionally give the car a wan with a bucket of water and a few drops of a liquid they give you, or apply some of it to the front wings of the car before it goes through a car wash. Do I actually need to put on any wax or similar stuff to protect the shine?

Hi iainf1 i have posted a reply in here.http://www.mokkaownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic416_post4762.html#4762

Could anyone with any question please look at the above link.

keeps things tidy.....ish Lol

Edited by: Fatman

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks for tips TM, as I haven't really bothered with cleaning before, although I do use a mit and shampoo occasionally, so after wash tips appreciated.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Wow! Some serious car care going on there, even the bike doesn't get treated that well. I simply use some Turtle wax car shampoo with a sponge. Interesting to hear about not polishing new paint. This will be my first brand-new car, other than company cars that don't really count. I may need to take some lessons.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DaveW said:
Wow! Some serious car care going on there, even the bike doesn't get treated that well. I simply use some Turtle wax car shampoo with a sponge. Interesting to hear about not polishing new paint. This will be my first brand-new car, other than company cars that don't really count. I may need to take some lessons.
Car Care 101: Bin the sponge and get a wash mitt
the Turtle wax is OK though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I bought a car wash brush in ASDAS for £1, £14.99 in Halfords robbin gits it is absolutely super half a bucket of water with some car shampoo in it, it gets into all the nooks and crannys, and a light hose down afterwards and leather off, when dry wipe over with a cotton cloth, to polish I use Pro-Shine Wash and Wax car is immaculate, however, plastic trim is still rubbish SYKO
Edited by: Dan

·
Registered
125 Posts
Be careful with cotton cloths. Some cotton products can be quite hard and sometimes abrasive and could damage paintwork. If you like using cotton (despite the linting) then always go for terry towelling rather than plain old cotton - leave that stuff for the bathroom. The ultimate cloth to use is 100% quality microfibre which is not only safer for paintwork but also absorbs more water and lifts any remaining residues up into the weave better than cotton.

·
Registered
2 Posts
always go for terry towelling rather than plain old cotton

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here goes
Autoglym
Body Shampoo
Super Resin Polish
Fast Glass