Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With regards to deliver dates I ordered 15/02/13 told early May then informed yesterday now July has anyone gained compensation regarding delays if how did you do it
Mokkaboy

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi Mokkaboy. The first question is..... have you ordered it with extras? It has been common knowledge for a long time now, that unless you are buying from dealer STOCK, you will have between 5 & 7 months wait unfortunately. The dealers well aware of this, but persist in giving many,many,many people false info & false hope...... think it's just to get your signature on the order form!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Im in the process of asking my dealer. My paperwork said the 30th April. Actual delivery is 14th June.

Salesman said he will contact me tomorrow.

·
Registered
572 Posts
HI Mokkaboy

I have been told they will look at this when I get the car but I ordered in December and May (which is the current ETA) was never mentioned. I was told "April at the very latest".

It has been pretty common knowledge (as already said) from early January that the wait time on these cars is around 6 months so I think July (for a February order) is even a tad over optimistic.

Have you got a Tick on any of the boxes in the Tracker site or have any idea of what Event Code you are at?????

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your reply the answer is no I don't have a tick in the build date box, I was told yesterday by dealer that the regional manager had made enquiries and that the delivery date would be July,

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your reply zig62 to answer your question no extras were ordered and further to this I contacted Lookers on Merseyside today and was told they have no stock of Mokkas and its all build orders now, does anyone know of any stock around the North West I have ordered a 1.7 SE diesel auto with spare wheel in satin steel grey,

·
Registered
572 Posts
Barny said:
I waited 14 months for my Focus ST and 9 months for my FN2 TYpe R. In my opinion Mokka waits are short lol.
Did you know when you ordered the waits would be that long? For me personally it's less about the wait per se and more about the fact that I was told I'd have the car in 3-4 months but it will be 6. If you order knowing it will be x months I think it is easier to handle but perhaps that is just me .....

·
Registered
38 Posts
No I wasn't. Well certainly not with the Focus. I was told 3-4 months. It then turns out with performance models dealers are only allowed so many per month, my dealer was allowed 2 and had already sold several cars hence why my wait was so long.

Honda were brilliant. The dealer told me he had already sold 8 and therefor my order wouldn't go through until a certain date and he was within 2 days of the correct delivery date.

Both cars were worth the wait though :)

·
Registered
572 Posts
Wow then I remove my hat in total respect.

14 months

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't want to! Grief. Be honest, did you
?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Barny said:
My Fiesta ST was a 6 month wait and was written off during unloading from the transporter, imagine that feeling :)
Oh.....MY..... GOOOOOODNESS I would have been GUTTED.

How did they tell you that news and how did they make it up to you???? Did you have to wait another 6 months or is this the 14 month wait (so long as it was two cars??)

·
Registered
38 Posts
No 14 months was the Focus, it was the Fiesta that was written off. They didn't need to tell me as I saw it happen lol.

The dealer is a family friend so rang to tell me it would be there in 30 mins ish, so I drove to the dealer just in time to see it reversed off by the agency trransporter driver, straight off the side at an angle. Needless to say one smashed axle later the dealer wouldn't sign to accpet the car lol.

Strangely the replacement only took 3 weeks.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Lol ... Your history with cars would appear a little unfortunate (to say the least!!!!)

14 months is an insane amount of time to wait. What were they doing building it at the weekends only and hand making every part

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks ALYG,
I totally agree looking back the salesman at the point of ordering told me early April then during the dealings with paperwork etc changed it to early May then after the order it changed to July , I believe they already knew it would be July and hopefully not longer so I agree with they just want your signed order form, obviously I will sustain the wait but you should be informed correctly. A good let off of steam helps the toleration levels.

·
Registered
240 Posts
SNAP Fatman. I already have a printed copy of the order form with my GUARANTEED PX value held from November.

·
Registered
767 Posts
AlyG said:
14 months is an insane amount of time to wait. What were they doing building it at the weekends only and hand making every part
If you think that's bad The Morgan Motor Company at one time had a 10 year waiting list.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah I've heard that too Eric. In some cases when you order a Morgan they then have to grow the tree from which they use the wood to make the frame of the car lol.

Just recemtly through work, (last week in fact) I heard of someone placing an order for a Pagani Huayra and he was told delivery will be in 2015. I guess his current Murcielago should keep him amused until then, grrrrrrr.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts