Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my Mokka 1.7 Diesel SE on the 16th Feb. This was a car that the dealer had coming into stock so I was given a delivery date of 15th March. This of course has now been and gone. I constantly ring them up and I'm fobbed off with excuses. I've been told by the guy that I'm dealing with that he'll ring me back - HE NEVER DOES! Getting really fed up and frustrated now as my current car that I'm trading in (Corsa) is running on a spare tyre after getting a puncture last week and I'm due to drive down the country on Wednesday. Add into the equation that it's due a service in April, which I was expecting new tyres and brake pads needed. Plus insurance is up at the end of April too, needless to say I'm not a happy bunny! Rang yesterday, didn't speak to my salesman as he was busy with a customer, but was told that he had wrote in his diary 1st May for delivery of my Mokka! Salesman has kept this from me. I was assured by my colleague that he's very efficient and that this date was probably "a worse case scenario". Rang up again this morning, but no sales guys available to take my call so "they'll ring me back". They're starting to sound like a broken record!!! Excuse I was fed last week was that it was it had come into port, but they couldn't get it released?!! Then they blamed the weather. I can see from posts on here that others are in similar situations. It's shocking the lack of information and the lies we are being fed! Salesman did tell me at the beginning of the week that he could get me an Exclusive by the end of this week instead of my beloved SE or he would sort out a spare tyre for me, but still has not rung me back!!!!!!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Time to phone Vauxhall customer services and let them give the dealer a touch on the tiller

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE!!!!!!

Result!!!! Emailed VCS and copied my dealer into the email. Sales manager at dealership rang about 15mins later and apologised profusely!!! He has now sourced a Mokka 1.7 diesel SE 4x4 which I should hopefully have by the end of next week!! Different colour to the one I was getting, but icing on the cake is that it's the colour I originally wanted, but was told I'd have to wait till June / July for. It's amazing what a little bit of complaining will do!!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Dealers know that VCS have their foot on their head and don't want to upset them

·
Registered
58 Posts
It is about time somebody got a good result, but I would think its is the dealer more than VCS as they do not work at weekends.
Very pleased for you, should be on the road soon then.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Auto 1.7 brilliant white fwd exclusive, I ordered mine 12.01.13 was told estimated delivery end of april, have only just got my first tick on the build list, and now delivery of July, any thoughts ir advice ( have already refused to speak to original dealer)

·
Registered
572 Posts
sherie1 said:
Auto 1.7 brilliant white fwd exclusive, I ordered mine 12.01.13 was told estimated delivery end of april, have only just got my first tick on the build list, and now delivery of July, any thoughts ir advice ( have already refused to speak to original dealer)

Depending on how long you have been a member on this forum my advice could be different....if you've been a member for a while then you'll have known that end of April for a middle of January order was totally unrealistic right from the start. If you have only very recently joined the forum you'd still know this but may not have done at the time you ordered the car. Dealers were well aware of delays of up to 6 months on this car from early January (this is well documented on this forum).

Also, lead times on "ordinary" new cars from Vauxhall is 12-16 weeks so an estimated delivery of April when you only ordered in January was ridiculous and totally false.

As the majority of us on here are in exactly the same boat there are plenty of threads about complaining/delivery dates etc so have a read through and you should get some good advice. No quick fixes on this I'm afraid.....

·
Registered
434 Posts
Dougc don't think that will be right it's 6 months ish ,think he's just quoted the original 12 weeks before they knew the demand was so high have you got a second tick ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts