Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been informed that it has changed from end of June to August now. Some old guff about the extras ordered. Not happy at all especially as my trade-in is being devalued every month and I'll need to fund extra deposit funds now!! Wish I hadn't bothered now. It's taking the shine off ordering my very first new car.

·
Registered
69 Posts
bingham2259 said:
Just been informed that it has changed from end of June to August now. Some old guff about the extras ordered. Not happy at all especially as my trade-in is being devalued every month and I'll need to fund extra deposit funds now!! Wish I hadn't bothered now. It's taking the shine off ordering my very first new car.
August is my quoted delivery date and I placed my order on Sunday just gone. I am also Part-Ex'ing and the value of my current car from now til August has been quoted at losing £500. Im not happy about that myself so im hoping our delivery date isnt pushed back either. If so might look at selling the current car privately.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Fatman said:
I know the feeling mate.

Ordered November. Told End of January. Then January told April. Now its middle of May.
What Mokka Models have you two ordered?, is their a common delay for one particular model?

I have the 1.4T 4x4 Exclusiv, added Satnav & Rear Camera

·
Registered
344 Posts
bingham2259 said:
Bingham, have you got a build date yet? I only ask as we we both ordered ours within days of each other and mine ( including extras) has been built and is awaiting quality tests. Do you use the "track my Vauxhall" link?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Some dealers will give a px value based on a certain delivery date , but then place mileage penalties , or an amount that they are prepared to offer per month of delay . With advanced orders of 40 000 vehicles when the order books opened , particularly in Germany , Russia , and here , the slippages have been of no surprise , and truthfully, I don't believe there has been particularly any sleight of hand , but an underestimation of the logistics . What should apply to anyone that has paid a deposit , is guaranteed minimum px , and compensation for slippage of delivery date beyond a certain time frame , as happened with the Yeti .
Edited by: Number Six

·
Registered
572 Posts
Whatever part-exchange was agreed should hold. I walked out of the first dealer in December as he quoted April delivery and therefore gave me a future price for my car which I laughed at (along with the thought I'd wait until April to take delivery..how little I knew!)

The next dealer gave me a price £1,700 higher than the first dealer and quoted March, hopefully February delivery.

It will actually be May and my only tiny tiny consolation is that the car has done an extra 6,000 miles and by the time I trade it that will be increased by another 1,000 or so and so they are losing out on the trade in with every day that goes by.

There has been no mention of paying less for my car and there won't be either otherwise we won't be doing a deal.

Current wait times are 6 months minimum from what I understand - anyone getting their factory built car faster is the exception rather than the norm.

·
Registered
181 Posts
My story was very similar to AlyG.Offered less for px at first dealer, who said the would offer even less if it was late arriving (and gave me a breakdown month by month!!!).
2nd dealer offered £1.5k more and would stand by it regardless of delivery.
Seems to be dealer specific.
The dealer did try and get me into another stock car in the meanwhile to reduce his depreciation though!!

So I am expecting a problem when I come to sign on the line as dealers are well known for the honesty and integrity!! lol

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hmmm mine gave me a value for a couple of months ahead which they thought I would get my new one by (July) and put the price on my order form and signed so I am not going to budge now!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Pocco87 said:
Hmmm mine gave me a value for a couple of months ahead which they thought I would get my new one by (July) and put the price on my order form and signed so I am not going to budge now!
Our dealership did the same ... Gave us a p/x price for June and its on the order form we signed !!
Edited by: Kat34

·
Registered
572 Posts
lee.nuts said:
So I am expecting a problem when I come to sign on the line as dealers are well known for the honesty and integrity!! lol

Why are you expecting a problem? They're the ones with the problem. Remember the old saying "Caveat Emptor" ...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Our p/x price was also written on our order. Double checked it would stay the same as at the time was looking at over 4 months. Only downside for us is if it arrives later June/July may as well wait for 63 plate.

·
Registered
817 Posts
If you check the terms and conditions on your order the p/x can only be varied by a percentage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts