Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a Mokka out for a test drive today, a 1.7 Exclusive FWD
.Main concerns were engine noise/performance and seating comfort for SWMBO. No problems on either front. The engine is noisier than my iX35, but not intrusively so. I noted the "growl" as reported here when accelerating, and also the fact that the turbo comes in a lot later than on my current vehicle. Power output was noticeably better than the 1.7 diesel in my iX35.

Having returned the car to the dealer, he brought out an SE vehicle just off the transporter for us to try the seats. All OK and SWMBO has duly agreed the vehicle.

Dealer volunteered that "Misty Lake" is being discontinued as has been mentioned here, so looks like it will be "Summit White" for me.

Am now just waiting to see how close dealer can get to my online pricing. He will be getting back to me shortly. I rather expect a negative response. So decision made - "Summit White" (probably) 1.7 diesel in SE trim and AWD. Will be hitting the phone tomorrow to tie up a deal

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Good luck! Hope you find a good deal, play hardball!
I wonder if there will be a new colour to replace Misty Lake.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Shame. I know that misty lake wasn't the colour I went for but having seen it on the forum I think it looks great, so much so that I am surprised to hear that it is being or possibly being discontinued.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Good choice TFD, say colour & model as me except I added Sat Nav, wonder what date you will get for delivery

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The deed is done
. 1.7CDTi SE 4x4 in "Misty Lake" . Other colours were available but I went for the one that will have a degree of exclusivity since it is now discontinued. Delivery is mid-March . Did not go with the local dealers as they hadn't got back to me with their offer before early evening by which time I had a deal I could more than live with elsewhere. If any prospective purchasers on the forum are members of the Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA) then that's how I got my deal. I've used this route to purchase in the past - new car delivered on a transporter, PX loaded on and taken away - completely hassle free

Now I feel like a real member of the forum

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Congratulations! Though you always were a member of the forum, most of us orderded our cars after being part of the forum for a while.

·
Registered
494 Posts
TFD, Brilliant news. Fingers Crossed for Mid-March

·
Registered
197 Posts
welcome to the MOC with a proper order almost matches mine forestdweller.
Maybe you should be welcomed to the exclusive Misty Lake club too

Did you get any extra options or just the standard SE?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The order is currently just for the standard vehicle with no extras. Not
quite so easy to customise when purchasing through a third party, and I
was so surprised at finding a good deal after making just one phone
call that I forgot to ask about extras. I do however want a "Spacesaver"
spare wheel so will follow up, maybe also mudflaps. Mats I will source
separately myself - I see that the OEM ones are avaliable on E-Bay much
cheaper than dealer prices.

SWMBO made an interesting point - if
"Misty Lake" is discontinued, what happens if a paint job of any sort is
required? Haven't been able to answer that

·
Registered
767 Posts
theforestdweller said:
SWMBO made an interesting point - if
"Misty Lake" is discontinued, what happens if a paint job of any sort is
required? Haven't been able to answer that
Bodyshops mix the colour to match the paint code that is on the metal plate with all the other numbers under the bonnet. Auto paint manufacturers have computer programs that work out all the colours & volumes for each colour& a machine knocks up a batch. Sort of like the B&Q paint mixer machine but a bit more high tech.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for that Flat Eric - something else I've learned
. I shall inform SWMBO. Must admit I was slightly concerned, but you've saved me digging out the answer for myself. Cheers

·
Registered
197 Posts
It's even better when you know a couple of auto painters that are very good and have always been able to match paint to perfection with these codes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts