Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any trouble with their dealers?
Marshalls are starting to be a bit annoying. They currently have a deal on their websites stating that "Every BrandNew Mokka comes with £500 Cashback" which they are trying their damndest to not pay. They say it only applies to Mokka's ordered between October 2nd And 17th December... my paperwork was signed and deposit paid on October 4th. Then it was 'not available on the Techline'.... now, being an ex prison officer i like details. Details and wording. And it states clearly the word 'Every' and mentions nothing about the Tech Line being excluded (apart from the 0% finance).

He's getting back to me.

Here's a pic:

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I really find the whole dealer experience a turn off, trying to get a good deal out of them all the while feeling like they're getting one over on you.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They got back to me saying my paperwork was dated September 24th.. i pointed out i enquired in September (i had the full spec of what i wanted and the rep at that point costed it) but my deposit and order paperwork was filled in and signed (but conveniently not dated) on 4th October.
"Not what our records say mate"

I pointed out that under no circumstances am i your f**king mate, i'm a customer now dealing with a third rep.

Will not be dealing with Marshalls again.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Copy of bank/credit card statement showing when they took your money? Was your old Marshalls any better then these?

·
Registered
4 Posts
As i have said before, if you haven't placed your orders already you should talk to Drive Vauxhall about new cars, be it Mokka or anything else, their customer service is fantastic, they will always find the best deal for you based on what you want. very helpful.They keep me up to date with what's happening.
How customers should be treated.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DietCokeBloke said:
Copy of bank/credit card statement showing when they took your money? Was your old Marshalls any better then these?
My deposit cheque was dated 4th (day i handed it over) but it shows up on my account as the 11th (when the funds left) but these dates are not the date i 'apparently' ordered it.

The chap i was dealing with at Marshalls Ely was great, was well up for haggling out a deal on pretty much everything. Now that the Peterborough lot have taken over it seems to me to be a bit "FFS, we've got to deal with all the Ely cast offs, Humph".

Had a deal in place for the extra inside / outside protection and gap insurance so am gonna hit them where it hurts and cancel the gap as i can get it much cheaper from the link on here.

As i'm too far into the build i can't opt in for the spare wheel, to which the rep pointed out i could get one sorted through him aftermarket. My words were "Nah, don't think so mate, i'll be getting from from Murkitts in Cambridge, along witha service contract". That was met with a satisfying "Oh"

·
Registered
197 Posts
The only problem I have encounteredwith my dealer is that they dont have a price for a tow bar of any kind for the Mokka.
Worth putting them in their place though. No further dealings with a company or their sister companies.
The wording in that advert says that your order has to be registered, IE with a registration number, by the 17th of december. Check your V5C when it arrives with the car you may have a legal standing if thats prior to the 17th.

Have you asked to see "their" paperwork as it may be possible under the freedom of information act to be able to see information a company holds on you.

I dont know any business than makes an order without a small deposit or a full payment especially if you hadnt signed your part exchange over to them either.

·
Registered
506 Posts
hads123456789 said:
The only problem I have encountered with my dealer is that they dont have a price for a tow bar of any kind for the Mokka.  
Yes they do. Check my response in the towbar thread

·
Registered
181 Posts
Evening all. First post. Anyone recommend a good dealer, distance not really an issue. Looking pref for a 1.7 diesel manual SE in Boraclay Blue, perhaps with bike carrier. Have 4 year old p ex at 5000 - 5500 trade book. Will finance rest at 0%, have a monthly budget in mind but dont want to give at away, just see how close i can get it!! Thanks all. Lee

·
Registered
181 Posts
No recommendations then? Thats a worrying thought about Vauxhall dealers!! Think this weekend is the last weekend of interest free if my memory serves me right. Will have to make a decision to do or not to do!! Lee

·
Registered
313 Posts
Seems bonkers to end the interest free as im pretty sure thats about the only reason they are able to sell cars at the mo!

·
Registered
494 Posts
0% was a big factor but I went into the showroom to look at the Astra Tourer and as soon as I saw the Mokka, I knew that was the car. I'd liked the Qashqai and sort of liked the Juke but in my honest opinion, the design and styling of the Mokka is far better than them. It's in the same class as the new Mini and new Beetle as far as making a step forward in design.

·
Registered
339 Posts
My local dealer here in South wales appears pretty good;
My Zafira went in for mot in Jan (with some much needed other work) and was available soon afterwards with a courtesy valet, impressed? Yes - friendly + efficient.
Enquired + ordered my Mokka in Oct with the same dealer as I was looking for a 4x4 SUV, the Mokka's styling caught my eye. However I seemed to know more about the Mokka than the rep, impressed? Well, nope. But it didnt stop me ordering.
Few days later recieved a phone call from dealer asking if I wnted to attend the launch day of the Mokka, I had to explain i'd already ordered one, impressed? No.
I nipped in to see the Mokka on display at my dealer on the launch weekend to be told I would have to book a test drive in advance. I was permitted to look around one but could only leave a message for my rep to call me back for test drive. Still have'nt heard from the rep, impressed? Hell no!

So there you have it, a break down of my expetence (so far) with a Vauxhall dealer.

Mokka 4x4 1.7CDTi S/S Exclusive in Misty Lake - 11/01/2013.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I can highly recommend Drive. This is my third car from them and buying, after sales and servicing has been briliant from day one. They've been good at keeping me up to date with the Mokka launch and giving plenty of notice of special offer weekends/test drive opportunities.

It's all gone a bit quiet on an exact delivery date for the Mokka but I suspect that's down to Vauxhall rather than the dealer themselves. I'll give the salesman a buzz next week on that.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I think Vauxhall have been diplomatic with the truth on the production dates with the dealers

·
Registered
494 Posts
Pentagon in Oldham couldn't have done enough to get me in a Mokka. after seeing the car, I was told that one of the 3 would arrive in the hour. Apparently they have a Black, Blue and Silver one at each dealer. I drove the Black Exclusive the weekend before the launch, 1/2 an hour after it was rolled off the transporter.I was impressed with that as as soon as I drove it, I was ready to sign up.

·
Registered
181 Posts
My wife and i arent really enjoying this buying experience. For your second biggest purchase, dealers and salesmen are terrible. On par with estate agents!! We went to perrys in aylesbury and spent 20 mins looking at one model right in front of two sales guys who were more interested in having a laugh with each other! When we asked what he could tell us he said "it is what it is". Tw.t. They dont deserve a job, give it to a Pole!
Not sure whether to try and get a deal and wait for an indeterminate amount of time, buy an ex demo with not exactly the spec we wanted, or to look at another manufacturer. Would like to enjoy the experience, but somehow dont see i can!! Lol

·
Registered
633 Posts
I used Evans Halshaw, excellent service at Borehamwood branch - who promise

"+ Price Guarantee Terms and Conditions:
If you can find the identical car at a competitor
dealer with a like for like offer outside the Evans Halshaw Group
for less, within five days of placing your order with Evans
Halshaw, we will refund the difference in price.

0% APR over 5 Years
No Deposit
£3,000 Swappage Allowance - Exclusive to Evans Halshaw"
But then
http://www.astonvauxhall.co.uk/ openly advertise huge discounts.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can recommend Murketts in Cambridge... popped in for a chat and got (apparently) the first test drive in the UK. Caroline was more than helpful and i wish i'd gone there in the first place. (but then you don't expect your local dealers to shut after 22 years)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts