Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. Never known this before at a main dealer -- I've ordered some front and rear brake disc's and pads from Mtec and was wondering what the labour charge would be to fit them at my main dealer so off I went to see them -- I explained to the guy behind the counter that would be supplying my own parts and what would I be charged just for labour and bearing in mind that I was in the service club -- the response was that service club labour discount would not apply because I had not got the parts through them but they could fit my disc's and pads for the princely sum of £268 to which I replied no thank you or words to that effect, I was then asked had I been quoted elsewhere, told the guy that no I had not been anywhere else cause I wanted a dealer price first to which he replied "well, what price did you have in mind" so told him I would not pay his price of £268 but thanks for the quote and then walked away only to be called back and offered a new price of £168 which was £100 cheaper than before and the guy said they did not want to lose work so I said I would bear his new price in mind and left -- upon leaving the site I had to drive past the workshop and low and behold the place was practically empty and the words "we don't like to lose work' came to mind -- so things did not seem rosy at this Vauxhall dealership

·
Registered
208 Posts
Its ridiculous isn't it. Why would anyone in their right mind trust their car to a place thats just shown how shady they are!? There seem to be several industries (insurance springs immediately to mind) where the 'Marrakesh market' school of price negotiation exists. Just charge a fair price, up front, for fair work and you will get repeat custom, its not difficult!

·
Super Moderator
9,156 Posts
It's a known fact, the motor industry is full of sharks and when swimming with them you need to take the appropriate action. :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts