Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here successfully de-chromed the Mokka? I would prefer gloss black bits if possible, think they would go better with a white car and look more sporty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey,
I just picked up my brand new mokka and just arranging to have it de-chromed to gloss black! And windows tinted. In time I will also have the alloys done black also I'm hoping to have this done in the next few weeks' I'm excited to see how different it will look and I'm desperate for it to be the nicest looking mokka on the road
Edited by: Jodiee992

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
When you say "picked up my brand new mokka" I take it the mokka is new and you are the first registered keeper -- if this is the case i also presume that you purchased the mokka outright with a cash sale and it's not on any kind of finance from the dealer in other words the mokka is totally yours so you can do what you want to it cosmetic wise -- wanting to mod a brand new car is something to think about if you ever want to sell or trade in -- it's your motor so good luck with the project and you are very brave to do this to a new car

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not a fan of black trim, especially black wheels, which IMHO make a car look like a scrapper.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Agreed - though I would like to paint the silver inserts in the front and back bumpers black. Someone mentioned "wrapping" as a way to do this, but I haven't a clue what this entails!

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Wrapping is covering the area you want to cover in a durable vinyl and then, often, heat-shrinking it to fit.

Best left to professionals but with the advntage that it can be reversed when you sell the car.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Gay down the road from me had a new Chrysler Grand Voyager totally wrapped in Matt Black to which he applied his chimney sweep company logos.

When he came round to selling it (had to be seven or eight years old) the metallic gold paintwork underneath was absolutely immaculate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, your right first keeper and bought for cash, I believe the 2017 shape with the new LED front lights. I plan on having this car for a few years, that is why I went for new so it would "last" me. I am a young owner and a lot of the people local to me that seem to own Mokkas' are old-ER hence the reasoning behind to make it look like a younger persons car with changing a few bits on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys,
Anyone able to help me with this?

i want to de chrome a bit of my Mokka.
  • window frame chrome
  • front grille
  • rear boot handle
  • door handles

just want to make them black - might be easier vinyl wrapping.

has anyone done this, got any threads?

Its a 2014 SE in carbon flash.

cheers

Post merged.

·
Registered
Black Mokka X 1.4 T Active 2019 {from new}
173 Posts
Hi guys,
Anyone able to help me with this?

i want to de chrome a bit of my Mokka.
  • window frame chrome
  • front grille
  • rear boot handle
  • door handles

just want to make them black - might be easier vinyl wrapping.

has anyone done this, got any threads?

Its a 2014 SE in carbon flash.

cheers

Post merged.
Hi Tilbs, If you black those parts won't they stick out a bit against the body colour?(being a dark colour already)
You can have the boot handle and door handles painted with the same paint as the car, same goes for the grill.
Wouldn't be confident painting over chrome window trims due to flaking, so you could retro fit a used black set..
Luckily mines all black (factory paint) body shop can paint my grill for £120 if I want that the same colour as car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Tilbs, If you black those parts won't they stick out a bit against the body colour?(being a dark colour already)
You can have the boot handle and door handles painted with the same paint as the car, same goes for the grill.
Wouldn't be confident painting over chrome window trims due to flaking, so you could retro fit a used black set..
Luckily mines all black (factory paint) body shop can paint my grill for £120 if I want that the same colour as car.
i think the black would stand out less compared to chrome.
i was thinking about wrapping due to stone chips on chrome (had this issue before).

i seen the window frame black set on anofher mokka local to me but cant find them online anywhere to gauge a price. Also are they easy to swap over?

cheers

·
Registered
173 Posts
Take a look on Morepartz, type In the search bar what you are looking for and you can see what's available.
You could always try Vinyl but if your going to have to take them off to do the job I would prefer to have them painted same as car, ( personal choice ).
Post a photo when you get it done.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Take a look on Morepartz, type In the search bar what you are looking for and you can see what's available.
You could always try Vinyl but if your going to have to take them off to do the job I would prefer to have them painted same as car, ( personal choice ).
Post a photo when you get it done.
Ok cheers mate. Will have a look and see what can be done. 👍🏼

·
Registered
237 Posts
I was going to do this but first I wanted the rear lights and reflectors blacked out/wrapped. No where I took it to would entertain wrapping the back lights though due to their complex shape. Saved me some money I suppose but would've liked the look.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was going to do this but first I wanted the rear lights and reflectors blacked out/wrapped. No where I took it to would entertain wrapping the back lights though due to their complex shape. Saved me some money I suppose but would've liked the look.
Pretty sure they spray the light units with a tint , there's a Mokka nearby that has dark lenses will try to get a closer look.

·
Registered
173 Posts
E-Tech Smoke Black Light Lens Tint Tinting Spray Glass Car Motorbike Lenses 150.
Have you tried this?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts