61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #63

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Here we go again -- gang of hoodies on bikes tonight riding through estate with none having any lights whatever -- pitch black at 7-30pm, they don't give a monkeys because they can get away with it

·
Registered
234 Posts
What I don't understand is the riders who use the roads in Ninja clothing, full on black head to foot, and a little light on the front and back. And those cloth caps aint gonna protect their head. Mostly country lanes around where I live and no street lights either, so just seeing these ninjas on the road is hard sometimes

I mountain bike and most of the time me and my mates look like power rangers and we use bike lights for the night rides that have more power light output than some car lights do.

·
Registered
351 Posts
i get quite a bit of abuse off bicyclists, especially this time of year when im trimming hedges :angel:
just waiting for 1 to actually stop and start something, a tractor will make a mess of a bike :smile_big::smile_big::smile_big:
i blame the tour de france for all the lycra reknaws ,i think having tight lycra squeezes parts and makes them angry:smile_big::smile_big::smile_big::smile_big::smile_big:

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Changes to rules of the road which drivers need to know for 2019.
Highway Code rule 66 allows cyclist to ride side-by-side and you must leave the minimum distance 1.5 metres when you overtake cyclists. Now my thinking is, they ride .75 metres from the kerb and .75 metres apart + 1.5 metres = 3 metres which on many roads will cause a danger to oncoming traffic when someone behind these cyclist misjudge their overtaking distance.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Changes to rules of the road which drivers need to know for 2019.
Highway Code rule 66 allows cyclist to ride side-by-side and you must leave the minimum distance 1.5 metres when you overtake cyclists. Now my thinking is, they ride .75 metres from the kerb and .75 metres apart + 1.5 metres = 3 metres which on many roads will cause a danger to oncoming traffic when someone behind these cyclist misjudge their overtaking distance.

Although the rest of the rule makes sense if enforced.

never ride more than two abreast, and ride in single file on narrow or busy roads and when riding round bends. Cycling in groups is not restricted in any way.

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #71

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #73

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
What with eco-obsessed councils and Extinction Rebellion, London last week was constantly gridlocked. :(

·
Registered
72 Posts
It's going to get worse from today. At least you could get past most of the the lemmings, unable to read bus lane restriction times, by driving up inside a lot of the queueing traffic when they are not in operation.
Up until last December I drove professionally in and around our capital city and with the advent of the cycle super highways, congestion, ULEZ and LEZ zones it has been getting harder to get around without incurring charges or fines and the ER rabble were the icing on the cake. It was one of the main reasons I decided to pack up working for a living a few years early.
I still like the hustle and bustle and cut and thrust of motoring in Central London but now only venture in by motorcycle, at the moment the mayor has mainly left us alone but I wouldn't be surprised if he has got ideas for them too.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts