Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
As previously mentioned, I have been attacked by car drivers, not sure if any of you have been attacked by a lycra clad cyclist with a can of pish in their hand. Have fun continuing to demonise cyclists, just hope no cyclist has the misfortune to 'bump into' one of you. Before trying to justify a response, please take time to look at all posts in this particular topic. Some by a Moderator.
I am still picking up a general agenda against cyclists with these posts, so I think I will just leave the conversation.
We are each responsible only for own own posts, you are complaining that we are tarring all cyclists with the same brush while doing exactly that with all Mokka club members and possibly all car drivers, as for attitude, speck and plank come to mind!

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I suggest you backtrack and read the thread headline again, entitled Cycling Stasi.

The original attachment stated,

Cyclists are people with baskets full of dogs or shopping. They are normal people, dressed normally, going about the normal business of getting from A to B.

They’re cycling because they haven’t got far to go, or because they like the fresh air and the exercise, or because they don’t own a car or they don’t much like taking the bus.

They’re not trying to prove a point, or make a political statement. They’re just pedalling along through life like the rest of us.

Not so this new breed of Lycra-clad moral vigilantes, who nowadays seldom straddle their beloved carbon-fibre constructions without an Orwellian head-cam on top — all the better to film and report civilian misdemeanours.

Reactions: nigelbrooks

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
The Orwellian reference is well-made.

It is almost as if the cycling 'thought police' are trying to use their interpretation of cycling to the exclusion of all other forms of road transport.

Actually, I am not sure if their dystopian view of the future is 1984 or more Animal Farm - two wheels and Lycra good, four wheels and tolerance bad.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I dunno some terms are too complicated for me LOL

But its all a load of crap, if we all just stuck to the rules there would never be an issue and those that didnt were actually dealt with by the police it would be sorted. I remember the days about 30 years ago when if you cycled on the pavement or without lights at night you would be made to walk. I also remember the days about 27 years ago when cars with lights out would be stopped.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Too true.

My dad would never let me go out on my bike without my lights (and spare batteries).

We knew our local bobbies and wouldn't cross them.

It was called mutual respect and it's something, seemingly, sadly long gone.

·
Super Moderator
2,166 Posts
As previously mentioned, I have been attacked by car drivers, not sure if any of you have been attacked by a lycra clad cyclist with a can of pish in their hand. Have fun continuing to demonise cyclists, just hope no cyclist has the misfortune to 'bump into' one of you. Before trying to justify a response, please take time to look at all posts in this particular topic. Some by a Moderator.
I am still picking up a general agenda against cyclists with these posts, so I think I will just leave the conversation.
First off I'd like to say I think your name is back to front, secondly we have a saying on here that 'if it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, it's probably a duck'
Just ran your ip my friendly troll, and guess what I found??? a duck.
Think it may be best if you indeed pish off before I report you to your ISP once again.

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Well spotted my friend. :smile:

Reactions: Bandit

·
Registered
474 Posts
First off I'd like to say I think your name is back to front, secondly we have a saying on here that 'if it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, it's probably a duck'
Just ran your ip my friendly troll, and guess what I found??? a duck.
Think it may be best if you indeed pish off before I report you to your ISP once again.

So is this person some pro bike anti car troll then or sumat?

·
Banned
15 Posts
My new username was well chosen. This forum is full of the most arrogant people, ever. I have owned my Mokka for almost six years, and tried to navigate through the absolute pish spouted about the most boring rubbish. A forum should be about offering help and advice, and I have tried, and had some serious abuse. As wellfan I tried my best to offer help, but the arrogant twats just wanted to talk about absolute nonsense, like 'spot the Mokka', or 'give me a wave.' FFS. Do any of you guys frequent other car or bike forums? Do any of you guys do any work on your cars? I give up, you guys worry me, as you have some seriously worrying attitudes. Rather not be associated with you anymore. I await the hate. Very sad.

·
Registered
474 Posts
My new username was well chosen. This forum is full of the most arrogant people, ever. I have owned my Mokka for almost six years, and tried to navigate through the absolute pish spouted about the most boring rubbish. A forum should be about offering help and advice, and I have tried, and had some serious abuse. As wellfan I tried my best to offer help, but the arrogant twats just wanted to talk about absolute nonsense, like 'spot the Mokka', or 'give me a wave.' FFS. Do any of you guys frequent other car or bike forums? Do any of you guys do any work on your cars? I give up, you guys worry me, as you have some seriously worrying attitudes. Rather not be associated with you anymore. I await the hate. Very sad.

My signature might give you a clue as to what i am capable of doing with cars but no real clues to my engineering back ground or supermoto racing.
If you want to moan about forums try looking at Vectra C where most people cant even post under the right section let alone search and find the answer that has been mentioned many times in years gone by. And this isn't just new joiners its people who have been members for 10 years.

And no i dont use facewank

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
reknaw, When everyone else seems to have a bad attitude does that not make you worry about you own?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I await the hate. Very sad.

Indeed you are, no hate from me only sympathy that your intellect does not stretch as well as your lycra.

No one needs to troll if they have the intellectual bandwidth to make a reasoned argument.

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
This is the turmoil he contributes to this Forum/thread, a whole page of attention to himself.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts