Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just about getting fed up with these cycling law enforcers. Although some of the article is said "tongue in cheek" I can agree with most of it. Thank goodness they are not lawfully allowed on the M25, although some slip through the net. The sooner they get registration plates the better.<h1 style="font-size: 15px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: verdana, helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: normal;">
</h1>Cycling Stasi: Never mind drivers eating cereal. SARAH VINE says the real menaces on our roads

Reactions: Swinton

·
Super Moderator
2,166 Posts
It's a pet hate of mine, down in Devon they have built a new cycle/foot path due to cyclists getting knocked off on the narrow road, but none of the Lycra mafia use it, much better to slow the cars down so they can't get past. Thinking of fitting a massive set of air horns so I can frighten the bejeezus out of 'em....lol

·
Registered
180 Posts
Nice one! Do you fancy coming a bit further west and scaring some of the cyclists is Cornwall? I had 2 riding next to each other coming TOWARDS me on MY side of the road!

·
Super Moderator
2,166 Posts
Cornish Girl said:
Nice one! Do you fancy coming a bit further west and scaring some of the cyclists is Cornwall? I had 2 riding next to each other coming TOWARDS me on MY side of the road!

another thing that annoys me is the fact they've paid a £1000 for the bike god only knows how much for the Lycra leotard and banana hat yet can't afford £3 for a hi-viz vest or belt. Bad enough driving through the Blackdown hills as it is without having to dodge men in black on cycles delivering a boxes of milk tray to their girlfriends...Ok ok you may be too young to remember the advert...

·
Registered
326 Posts
wellinever said:
I'm just about getting fed up with these cycling law enforcers. Although some of the article is said "tongue in cheek" I can agree with most of it. Thank goodness they are not lawfully allowed on the M25, although some slip through the net. The sooner they get registration plates the better.<h1 style="font-size: 15px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: verdana, helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: normal;">
</h1>Cycling Stasi: Never mind drivers eating cereal. SARAH VINE says the real menaces on our roads

I agree. Who pays for damages when these lycra clowns cause an accident. I've lost count how many times i've seen cyclists run red lights, causing cars to brake, me included.

It's time these clowns to be registered, taxed, and insured.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/opinion/letters/11531196.Cyclists_must_be_insured/?ref=rss

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Last week, I was in a line of traffic waiting to get into Morpeth. The car in front of me was indicating to turn left into a car park, so I held back. A cyclist passed me on my off side, cut in front of me, and started to pass the car in front of me on its near side, as it started to turn left. The cyclist started to give the driver a right mouth full, and was threatening the driver with the police, until I said I had it all caught on camera, pointing to my front windscreen. Funnily enough, he just rode off. By the logo on his back, he was from a local cycle club.

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is it about the rain that seems to multiply these menaces. No signals, road laws don't apply, no high viz apparel, and a death wish to end it all under my car?

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fredave said:
I hope Reds OK?

Yes 'Red' is ok, but it takes a lot of restraint on my part.

·
Registered
59 Posts
When I'm in power it'll be legal to flatten them one day a month

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, mortified because a a police officer saw it happen, arrested him and now he's in the dock. Let's see what the sentence is next week?<h3 ="r" style="font-size: 18px; font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; overflow: ; text-overflow: ellipsis; white-space: nowrap; color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif;">Road rage cyclist smashed car and attacked driver with ...</h3>

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Even abusing each other now! Just an ordinary night/day 'darn sarf'

This the world's angriest cyclist? Man abuses fellow biker in foul-mouthed attack after jumping red light and cutting him up Click

·
Registered
68 Posts
'Real' is that there's thousands of cyclists on our roads that are over heated menicies
But just as many motorists !
Cool it or cough ! Edited by: meoldmukka

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I think I would have allowed him to call the police. Good job it wasn't Bandit going for his weekly shop.

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
As long as they balance it with £5000 fines for

<ul>[*]Cycling on the footpath[*]Cyclists ignoring red lights[*]Cyclists ignoring one way signs[*]Cycling two abreast on narrow roads[/list]
It won't happen and it's typical Scaly Mail b*ll*cks

1 - 20 of 76 Posts