Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a2019 crossland automatic. It doesnt like slow traffic and queuing, hard to get smooth start, jumps forward same 1st to 2nd. Also change downs hold back, it only delivers smooth changes when accelerating. Anyone had the same experience, I wondered is it possibly the gearbox needs resetting.

·
Super Moderator
9,373 Posts
DSM is the member with this knowledge. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had the misfortune to have a Crossland the other day as a courtesy car, did not like it at all. OK plenty of legroom and headroom but blind spots left and right, manual transmission with the clutch only biting once the pedal was almost fully out, brake and clutch pedals were too small and too close together, kept getting my feet caught up in them. Had a llane departure warning system which blinks and screeches at you at every opportunity and refuses to be switched off. I assumed it was a six speed box but on the dual carriageway I was preparing to change from 5th to 6th when I noticed that 6th gear was actually Reverse so it must have been a basic with just the 5 spd box and presumably the 80ps engine.

Sorry I can't help with the query about automatic but DSM da guy for that.

·
Registered
758 Posts
@ Wilson the 5 speed manual gearbox is rubbish and now dropped the 80ps is
not good iv'e test drove one, yes pedals are close, that's why i went for the Auto,
as for blind spots, never had a problem, the Mokka isn't as good in my opinion
as it has far less glass, pro's and con's for both

@ Mokktheweek/ Bro Leo, yep best say nothing
My Crossland gave me no trouble, in 2 years, can you two honestly say that,??
i do recollect Bro Leo's needed clutch work at around 4000 miles .not good

@ Carlton,
Mine was a 2018 110 bhp engine, 6 speed if i'm not mistaken yours might be the 130 bhp engine, as for some reason they dropped the 110 for the 130, around 2019 and there may be differences, if that's the case. My gearbox was as described below

If you stop and keep your foot on the brake, the EAT 6 Japanese Auto box on the Crossland disengages drive automatically and it takes a second to re-engage drive, when you remove your foot, off the brake, if you, hit the accelerator, hard just as it's re-engaging it will jump, that's like going from neutral to drive and hitting the accelerator at the same time in any Auto
As you take your foot off the brake mine used to engage smoothly and crawl as for it jumping from first to second, never experienced that either, mine was nothing like you describe, up and down changes were smooth, Definitely something not right there, Sorry to Say, it sounds like you might have a bad one like i did with my 2017 Mokka X Elite Nav, or they have changed something, did you not test drive it ???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@ Wilson the 5 speed manual gearbox is rubbish and now dropped the 80ps is
not good iv'e test drove one, yes pedals are close, that's why i went for the Auto,
as for blind spots, never had a problem, the Mokka isn't as good in my opinion
as it has far less glass, pro's and con's for both

@ Mokktheweek/ Bro Leo, yep best say nothing
My Crossland gave me no trouble, in 2 years, can you two honestly say that,??
i do recollect Bro Leo's needed clutch work at around 4000 miles .not good

@ Carlton,
Mine was a 2018 110 bhp engine, 6 speed if i'm not mistaken yours might be the 130 bhp engine, as for some reason they dropped the 110 for the 130, around 2019 and there may be differences, if that's the case. My gearbox was as described below

If you stop and keep your foot on the brake, the EAT 6 Japanese Auto box on the Crossland disengages drive automatically and it takes a second to re-engage drive, when you remove your foot, off the brake, if you, hit the accelerator, hard just as it's re-engaging it will jump, that's like going from neutral to drive and hitting the accelerator at the same time in any Auto
As you take your foot off the brake mine used to engage smoothly and crawl as for it jumping from first to second, never experienced that either, mine was nothing like you describe, up and down changes were smooth, Definitely something not right there, Sorry to Say, it sounds like you might have a bad one like i did with my 2017 Mokka X Elite Nav, or they have changed something, did you not test drive it ???
Yes did test drive it didnt notice it at the time, I would have preferred the mokka but the crossland gave me more leg room. Apart from the gearbox I like the car and get 40mpg mostly short journeys.Thanks for the reply I will try not being so hard on the accelerator.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Your welcome, you will soon get used to it, the Auto is very responsive to throttle
input, there off like a shot, Enjoy, as i did with mine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts