Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well lads and lasses today was the day, even the snow didn't get in the way of us placing our Mokka order.

So what did we go for? Well we were set on an SE, and we opted for the 1.6 petrol so our son can be insured on it in time.

Colour and trim ? Well after talking myself out of silver for the last 24 years of motoring it was always gonna be silver, and i had a real hankering for the brown leather trim. So very straight forward then yeah ?

Hmmmmm ....... Well, I talked myself out of Silver and ordered Misty Lake ..... and realising i didn't have the minerals at the last minute i played safe and opted for the Galvanised leather !

Indecision ? ........ I dunno, I can't make my mind up !

Should have it for the summer

Macca

·
Registered
494 Posts
Nice One Macca, Summertime Delivery eh?. The time flies, it's 2 months since I ordered Mine, only andother 3.5 to go,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mecca, why did you say you opted for the 1.6 petrol for your sons insurance ? I'm just curious as we have 2 young drivers in the family (not that they are touching it anytime soon !)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We are aquiring ours via a Motability lease due to my wife suffering ill health. They made changes to the scheme last year and under 25's can only drive cars upto a particular insurance group, so we couldn't opt for the diesel.

Macca

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So its a suck it and see as to whether misty lake is still available, the dealer isn't aware of any issues for sure.

Plus the order has a special request for the SE to come with Stirling silver alloys in place of the midnight silver. Again, a wait and see on that too.

Macca

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Prior to now the Vauxhall range hadn't inspired me much. Just one year of fun in a Cavalier SRI to speak of. I've mostly ran blue ovals over the years and then switched to Nissans over the last 7 years in particular running two X Trails and a Qashqai.

Have to say though now the Mokka has landed well done Vauxhall, i'm hooked.

I was even checking out the promo for the Adam whilst in the dealer yesterday. It's like an opal fruit version of the Citroen DS3 ....... Very unvauxhall like but very fresh

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi Macca, I'm sure your not gonna be disappointed, mate. I've been a Vauxhall 'nut' for years & ,for me, they just keep getting better (despite what Jezza Clarkson says). I ran a couple of older Cavaliers a few years back (one was a 2.0GSI - beautiful!). Then I had a 'brain-fart' & tried a Nissan Primera GT - absolute toilet (had the same turning circle as the boats bringing our 'new babies' & more blind-spots than Stevie Wonder).Bought Vectra Activ on a 53 plate (I think that was a fore-runner to the Exclusivs), then chopped it for Vectra Exclusiv (55 plate). Upgraded again to a Vectra SRI (08 plate) - silver with the BIG sports alloys - absolutely stunning motor!! Traded that in when the Insignia came out & ,again, took the SRI model (which came with a FREE alloy wheel upgrade) & Sat Nav. Superb car - The dashboard looks like a flightdeck console! & thats what's being traded in for The Mokka.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A mate of mine had a K reg Cavalier 4x4 turbo in white with black leather, a rare beast indeed. Comical moment when he went to our local Lookers to get a part for it and the main dealer announces theres no such car mate, my mate says "really? I think you need to take a look in your carpark cos my car must be a mirage!"

He was in the army at the time so had it registered on an armed base. His insurance was buttons until he left the army and came back to....... merseyside!

Macca

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well sure enough the bomb dropped today. Got the call from the dealer ..... Misty Lake is a no go and so i'm back to Sovereign Silver.

So after that upper cut the dealer then delivered the right hook by telling me that the special request on the order for the Sirling Silver alloys didn't even get past the production manager ....... He say NO !

So midnight silver alloys it is after all

·
Registered
94 Posts
B
mmer!
Sorry to hear. Is your delivery date still the same or has that moved back?
Am sure you can always sell your alloys on ebay and buy a new set or better ...trade them with someone on the forum? Hello, you might even like it once you got it

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No change to the delivery date, still 4 months, but hey who really knows?

Wheels wise as the car will be aquired through a motability lease we'll have to live with the midnight silver alloys but hey at least i can't see em when i'm driving

1 - 13 of 13 Posts