Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Mokka X turbo Design NAV 1 2017
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi

The fault has been found to be the Radiator and this will be fixed - glad the fault was found

Mokka X 1.4Turbo 2017

In September I had the coolant expansion tank replaced due to hairline cracks which was causing loss of coolant, the garage done a pressure test and found the leak coming from the bottom of the expansion tank and replaced it and done another check and said that should solve the problem, (they had filled it to the max) I checked the coolant a month later and found the coolant had dropped to quite a bit and was only filled half way, I topped it up to the max line and monitored it and found it was still dropping.

A couple of days ago I noticed a damp patch on the ground (saw it dripping) by the front drivers side and checked the coolant and this had dropped to half full again so now know there is a definite leak.

Am taking car to a garage next week so will keep this post updated - attached a couple photos, the first one was when I saw dripping and second was taken an hour after - the leak did stop when car was cold.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Car

Does anyone have any thoughts on where the leak could be coming from.

thanks
Mokka3

·
Registered
Mokka X turbo Design NAV 1 2017
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Goce

Since having the radiator replaced, there has been no leaks and coolant is stable in expansion tank, it was expensive to replace (£470) but make sure it is the radiator and not anything else Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire
this photo I took a few days before getting radiator replaced, it's been a month and all ok.
Hope this helps, regards mokka3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts