Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from the last 3 weeks something has happened when i am going to work in the morning i started my mokka the dash flickers specially on the climate controls. this morning when i started the car it beeps continuously the same beep when you go beyond your speed limiter. Anyone had experienced this?

the only solution is to turn of and on the engine. which is a bit worrying for a new car.

·
Registered
584 Posts
From time to time I see the backlights on the fan pulsing and then it goes off

·
Registered
264 Posts
Take it in for a reset or reset it your self remove the battery for a min.

When we picked up the Mrs brand new VXR everything on the dash lit up nothing worked oops i said so walked back into the stealers all they done was remove the battery lead for a min that reset every thing never had a problem since.

Happy days

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Does the Mokka have a radio code? If so you'll need it if you disconnect the battery.

·
Registered
421 Posts
DietCokeBloke said:
Does the Mokka have a radio code? If so you'll need it if you disconnect the battery.
I think it's been mentioned elsewhere, the radio is "married" to the ECU. Therefore, no code needed.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have mentioned elsewhere the potential problem of disconnecting the battery i.e. the engine will not start

·
Registered
47 Posts
I thought I was the only one that had noticed the flickering backlights on the climate controls
Dealer has been in contact with Vauxhalls tech guys, who were stumped as to how to sort.
They've tried swapping out the climate control unit with another Mokkas, still flickered.
Tried reprogramming the ECU, and it still flickered.

Then the technician had a brainwave; he disconnected the alternator and it stopped, re connected and it started again.

So its booked in to have the alternator changed next week as the part is on back order. Will update on here once its done

·
Registered
584 Posts
Thanks for that will discuss with my service manager, just shows the benefit of this forum

·
Registered
584 Posts
Sorted the link, the flickerering on my car is very subtle and not as severe as yours

·
Registered
47 Posts
Its what comes of being Beta testers of a brand new model

So far I've had the AFL issue, the chrome bubbling up on the fog light trim and this.
All in 8500 miles

·
Registered
584 Posts
What can anyone say other than very dissapointing

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yep, its been a couple of months and no flickering anymore
Changing the alternator seems to have worked

1 - 18 of 18 Posts