Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have a Exclusive model and why is the tech line £2k cheaper and yet comes with satnav.... and states it has the same spec as exclusive surely they can't do this.... Edited by: WIBBLA

·
Registered
247 Posts
Its because you cannot get 0% percent finance on the tech line Edited by: psp888

·
Registered
18 Posts
Tech line is the same as the Exclusive with sat nav added and it is cheaper however as has been already stated it's not available on 0% finance, it's aimed at the business user and lease.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So they price it £2k less and give you satnav just because there is no 0% (I smell something ratish going on here) I never got told this when i bought mine they never offered this... Even if i paid intrest i would pay less and have satnav.... All i can say is Cocks....

Phone call i think needed tomorrow... Its like the old PPI thing but cars they will get it from me tomorrow...

·
Registered
506 Posts
Also, check out the discounts available, to a private purchaser at least. For the Techline it's in the hundreds, while for the Exclusive and SE it's in the thousands. I'm pricing up the 1.7 SE and can get £4K+ off the list price. A quick check shows I can get £776 off the price of a Techline diesel, while I can get £3.3K off the Exclusive. Add in the SatNav to the Exclusive and the prices are comparable.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Discounts avaliable ? i bought mine and got £1k off £3.3k off an exclisive where the hell did you find that...

·
Registered
18 Posts
You might get a £4k discount from a broker/agent not the 0% on top of that usually it's 7% apr. Look at a personal lease on the Techline and you can get a deal with 3+35 for less than £230/month Inc vat hand back at end of contract and get a new car. Unless you are emotionally attached to ownership this might be less outlay over a 3 year period.
Edited by: Iceman

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So all in all you dont really save after you in look into it properly 0% and pay more list price or pay cash get satnav or lease and hand it back....

Or by techline and get a personal loan which all in all would save my nothing :( RUBBISH..

·
Registered
91 Posts
I certainly dont think there is anything illegal about the pricing as all the info was in the public domain as I was well aware of the difference when I ordered but it suited me to go for the Exclusive as I had about 2K in discounts plus 0% finance so it worked out about the same as ordering the Techline.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Techline range is aimed squarely at lease companies and company car drivers where the price and equipment are key factors because price is part of how the P11D values are calculated. The lease cos don't need interest free hence the lower price.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Yeah us company car drivers have to pay tax on the list price of the vehicle no matter how cheaply it was obtained from Vauxhall by the leasing company. Vauxhall know they give huge discounts compared to others on their list price and so the TechLine is supposed to even this up a bit.... but I went for the SE because I like my toys.

·
Registered
109 Posts
My deal on the Techline is APR 1.99%. Overall that makes £1640 in interest. It's £2000 cheaper list price and you get the Satnav, so residual value is higher. My dealer saw some 2wd manual deisel Techlines so grabbed them as soon as he could, knowing full well that he wasn't selling them to fleet (they also bunged in the space saver and mats!). The waiting time for me was 4 weeks. That would've been 3 months on the Exclusiv. I've had it for a week. Discounts direct through the dealers on the Exclusiv and the SE "are few and far between" if you need the car quickly.

·
Registered
197 Posts
It just shows you need to do your homework before buying anything these days as i priced it all up and thought for an extra £1500 approx i should upgrade to an SE so I did. Ithink the Nav600 should be standard on this model over the Exclusive.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm a cash buyer so for me the SE was outside of my budget but the Tech Line wasn't. As it turns out, the length of time I'm waiting I could've afforded a SE after all. Never mind, I'm sure. I can splash out on some extras once the beast arrives.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Likewise, no money off although a good trade-in price for my current car and I'll be fishing for free mats at least once it's here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts